UNC Ruling | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

UNC Ruling

Let me re-direct your attention to what Jay Bilas was talking about when he compared the current situation in college athletics to what happened in the US during Prohibition.

There is SOOO much money in college athletics that the schools, even though they wish they didn't have to, they can't help themselves.

Oceans of money create corruption.

Do you think Qatar would be a future World Cup location without it?
It's a good line but all these talking heads are just taking Sonny Vaccaro's line to Penn State's President and putting a different icing on it. They tried to "Canseco" Vaccaro and hope the issues would go away, but they aren't and the schools are so greedy that even the ones that can''t fight back or choose not to - like say SU - just take their beating and say "send me the check". The faux outrage and shock that money is so important is comedy. It's been this way in college sports forever.

Bilas has been trending towards Clown Shoes over the last several years. I honestly think he's overrated, and an average judge of on-court talent.
All the proof you need is how much he admires Young Jeezy. His damn raps don't even rhyme half the time and he is 80% gangsta.

For Hookers violation Louisville lost less scholarships than we did.

The NCAA hammered us for misdemeanors.

Shame on the fact we didn’t fight back.
We will

All the proof you need is how much he admires Young Jeezy. His damn raps don't even rhyme half the time and he is 80% gangsta.

I’m pretty sure that is tongue in cheek. He might actually like him, but the constant quoting of him became his twitter schtick after the reactions it got when he first did it, as a middle aged Duke educated lawyer quoting Jeezy is going to make people react. It was pretty funny. I don’t check for it anymore because it’s been going so long.

I’m pretty sure that is tongue in cheek. He might actually like him, but the constant quoting of him became his twitter schtick after the reactions it got when he first did it, as a middle aged Duke educated lawyer quoting Jeezy is going to make people react. It was pretty funny. I don’t check for it anymore because it’s been going so long.
Perhaps

The thing is, I've been doing stand up comedy for 25 years. One needs to know when to retire a joke or you become a hack.

False. And double false. Bilas is the greatest mind in college hoops and it isn't close. Could care less if he is pro Cuse . He is brilliant as a lawyer and equally brilliant as a commentator. What a wildly off base post this was.

Eh. He’s a smart guy with a lot of experience in the game, so he knows his stuff. I wouldn’t say he’s “brilliant” as a commentator. As a biased Cuse fan I like that he sticks up for Jimmy and craps on the NCAA, and that he clearly has a lot of respect for Syracuse basketball.

I often agree with him, and he can make some funny quips, but he can also get a little preachy and know it allish at times. The greatest mind in college hoops is a bit much. There’s coaches who have proven too much to give that honor to a commentator. It’s a lot easier to make good comments about a game than it is to coach a good game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom