UNC Ruling | Syracusefan.com

UNC Ruling

27_zpsbjrtbmxj.gif

Slap on the wrist. "Our investigation uncovered no evidence that Coach Williams knew these classes were fraudulent. Therefore, there was not a lack of institutional control."

Penalties include a loss of one scholarship in 2021 and the University is on double secret probation for 2 years.

{Ron Swanson Voice}

All fake classes will now require NCAA approval. Given the NCAA does not get involved in academics there will be no penalties for past or future violations of this requirement.

Here's what I don't get: why are we not doing anything to get JB's wins back? It's obvious we got hammered way too hard.
Here is my thoughts. 1) Maybe they are and they just aren't talking about it. 2) Maybe they haven't but are waiting for the right moment to do so. It's possible they might not do anything until JAB retires.

Here's what I don't get: why are we not doing anything to get JB's wins back? It's obvious we got hammered way too hard.

At this point only taking this to a higher court outside the NCAA process would make that happen. My guess is we decided not to pick that fight.

The fact it's on a Friday is a joke.

Expect Women's Basketball to get a multiple year tournament ban.

Football to lose several scholarships.

Basketball to lose 1-2 scholarships and no postseason ban.

No chance the NCAA will ban UNC BB from the postseason.

Syracuse dropped the ball when they didn't sue the NCAA in federal court a la Penn State.

When you sue you show how the NCAA isn't consistent and due process is violated. That is how Penn State got off on the NCAA.

It's a joke we never sued.

My prediction is they get a one year ban and lose some schollies.

Oh, no. If there's any fairness and consistency, any, they'll get at least a 2 year ban in BB and 1 in FB, 5 years probation and a bunch of recruiting restrictions - plus a significant vacature of wins in several sports due to ineligible players. They have five level 1 violations and a history of cheating going back 18 years. It's not going to be pretty, especially in the current atmosphere of college hoops scandals and federal investigations.

Last edited:
The bottom line is nobody knows what’s going to happen. If they get off it just shows systemic cheating is the way to run your program.

I think they get the same thing SU got.

Williams going to lose some wins, multiple scholarships over multiple years decreasing with each successive year. Maybe a 1-year post-season ban.

In addition to whatever the rest of the athletic dept. gets.

The fact it's on a Friday is a joke.

Expect Women's Basketball to get a multiple year tournament ban.

Football to lose several scholarships.

Basketball to lose 1-2 scholarships and no postseason ban.

No chance the NCAA will ban UNC BB from the postseason.
Maybe they should have waited a week to make it Friday the 13th...

If they lose wins I sure hope that includes a title...
It's going to depend on specific findings. There's no mention of academic fraud in the amended NOV. But impermissible benefits and lack of control are all over the place. This could create eligibility issues, and if that's the finding, players who were given fake credits might not have been eligible. That could potentially mean that every win with an ineligible player gets vacated. Who knows, but that's the same standard they applied to SU for - comparatively - Bullchit.

Last edited:
Oh, no. If there's any fairness and consistency, any, they'll get at least a 2 year ban in BB and 1 in FB, 5 years probation and a bunch of recruiting restrictions - plus a significant vacature of wins in several sports due to ineligible players. They have five level 1 violations and a history of cheating going back 18 years. It's not going to be pretty, especially in the current atmosphere of college hoops scandals and federal investigations.

No friggin way. I'll be floored if they get hit with anything significant.

No friggin way. I'll be floored if they get hit with anything significant.
We'll see. Five level 1 violations, 1,500 potentially ineligible players, somewhere between 6 and 18 years ... just sayin. On your side of the argument, however, is the fact that the NCAA amended the NOV after the initial charges were brought. There are still 5 level 1's, but they removed specific mentions of FB/B and limited the time period (from 2005 - 2011)(see first link). However, recently, the enforcement committee has publicly rejected - even before the federal scandal - UNC's academic wheelhouse excuse and has sounded more serious about UNC's conduct. We'll see.

UNC faces a gentler set of NCAA allegations

University Of North Carolina Charged With 5 'Level 1' Violations By NCAA

Last edited:
Oh, I don't know but why would Little commit?

Well they didn’t know anything today I’m sure since you aren’t notified until 24 hours before.

If they get off its time to cheat cheat cheat!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom