UNC Ruling | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

UNC Ruling

I want a commitment from the school that its not all about the money.

It’s business I get it but Syracuse leaders come off so bad in this affair.
We got charged for felonies when we committed at most misdemeanors.

The school wants money for the Dome renovation. I got to say this AD and chancellor aren’t showing the commitment to warrant that support.

What is the connection? The NCAA allows UNC to get off scot free, no real comment from SU admins, we need donations for dome renovations, so don’t support SU. Lots of crazy leaps of ‘logic’ here.

When the academic fraud first came to light, the NCAA didn't want to investigate because it was not in its wheelhouse. Ultimately, the NCAA was shamed into "investigating" UNC and determined that the academic fraud was, essentially, not in its wheelhouse.

I had hoped and expected more, but when I actually thought about it, I guess the NCAA told us what its decision was when the problem first came to light.

This was a massive failure by the NCAA in enforcing its current rules. If it was a jurisdictional issue why did they waste everybody's time.

That being said the issue still remains that there is too much money in the NCAA to make the current compensation and academic framework work. The NCAA should not be focused on changing the way it tracks and rules on corruption (which I am sure they will not anyway), but it should look at a different framework that takes away incentives to cheat.

This. People are missing the boat here. Also, some of these Presidents of the U's need to go down for not enforcing academic rules. And, THEY are the ones who hire (and re-hired) Emmert. There is only so much he can do and prove. The rules are a joke yes. But there is nothing they could do in terms of jurisdiction regarding accreditation. I'm not surprised at all with the verdict. I'm surprised at the time it took and the resources spent on both sides. They made the right decision according to their stupid rules. The whole system needs to be revamped. It's a joke and broken on many levels and tiers.

What is the connection? The NCAA allows UNC to get off scot free, no real comment from SU admins, we need donations for dome renovations, so don’t support SU. Lots of crazy leaps of ‘logic’ here.
I am disappointed that SU administration didn’t fight back when they had the chance.

I don't know what moron spends millions on an investigation if they don't impose any penalties.

I don't want to hear the legalese BS.

We had an infraction in our report because an assistant coach gave a player a flipping car ride for a mile.

Make excuses for the NCAA all you want, but the accrediting agency could have had balls and told the university that they weren't accredited for a 10 year period. Just like everything else in this country to big to fail always wins out.

I am disappointed that SU administration didn’t fight back when they had the chance.

Funny how Billy Edelin was one of the ineligible players who had to vacate wins, yet the 2002-03 season was untouched.

I guess SU fought back a little.

Why ws this non-announcement postponed last week? 5 level one violations? Institutional control?
UNCheat is raising a banner tonight. I'm sure Emmert thought it would be a great way to kick off their day of celebration.

Funny how Billy Edelin was one of the ineligible players who had to vacate wins, yet the 2002-03 season was untouched.

I guess SU fought back a little.
If your going to go here. Simple question Syracuse did a good enough job as far as your concerned?
Also Edelin took the money from the YMCA in 2004.
How could Syracuse lose the 2003 NC when Edelin took money in 2004?

Nice try though.
Syracuse's NCAA problem, explained

Bilas has been trending towards Clown Shoes over the last several years. I honestly think he's overrated, and an average judge of on-court talent.
He gets a lot of respect around here simply for the fact that he's relatively pro SU , not because his musings are of high caliber

This is the deepest possible level of BS:

"While student-athletes likely benefited from the so-called 'paper courses' offered by North Carolina, the information available in the record did not establish that the courses were solely created, offered and maintained as an orchestrated effort to benefit student-athletes,"

HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS:

"Division I Progress-Toward-Degree Requirements

Progress-toward-degree requirements are designed to guide student-athletes toward graduation. The standards help student-athletes take the appropriate steps toward earning their degree. Standards include minimum grade-point average, term-by-term and annual credit hour requirements, and percentage-of-degree requirements. Student-athletes who do not meet the requirements are not eligible for competition;"

"90-percent of the minimum GPA required for graduation (1.8 if a 2.0 is the minimum)"

Division I Progress-Toward-Degree Requirements

How can these a holes says this is OKAY when the NCAA has GPA requirements! PURE INSANITY!! THE NCAA ABSOLUTELY SUCKS!!!!

Boeheim lost 41 wins because of Fab Melo.

Then he lost 60 wins because of Terrance Roberts and Billy Edelin who took money from the YMCA between 2004 and 2007.
Syracuse basketball media guide reveals why Orange vacated games, players involved

Anyone who thinks the NCAA did Syracuse any favors is living in La-La land. If they could have proven violations from 2003 we would have lose the title.
Let’s give Syracuse an atta boy for that though.

Last edited:
My son too received an A- for a very similar length and quality paper ... in first grade
Does his Chapel Hill diploma look good framed and hung on the wall?

I feel badly for the people that were not expecting this. I could literally not have a lower opinion of the NCAA than I do. So every time something like this happens it has no affect on me.

Bilas has been trending towards Clown Shoes over the last several years. I honestly think he's overrated, and an average judge of on-court talent.

Bilas has been coasting for years. He offers very little in terms of fresh insight these days. His popularity stems from the fact that he rarely says anything negative about anyone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom