UNC | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

UNC

I think UNC ends up winning by 5-7 after back and forth until late, due to some plays made by their veterans and wearing us down with depth. However, this unc team doesn't have that typical big that kills us recently- Meeks, Hicks, Johnson. They have some size, but they are young. Maye is a good rebounder so he is the one we need to keep in check. They have some solid wings in Johnson and Williams, and Berry always makes plays. Pinson is their Marek type player. I expect him to check Battle all game and do it well. Need to get him into foul trouble. Maye shoots well from deep so it will be critical to make sure they don't get a lot of second chance points. Johnson is the guy who could kill us.

They still rebound the heck out of the ball. Best in the country. That's the Jim Calhoun formula to beating the zone and that's why UNC has been so successful against us. Maye will probably play more inside than in previous games. If Brissett and company show up on the defensive boards like they did today, we'll give them a run for their money. Top it off with a large and loud crowd and I could see a close win.

They still rebound the heck out of the ball. Best in the country. That's the Jim Calhoun formula to beating the zone and that's why UNC has been so successful against us. Maye will probably play more inside than in previous games. If Brissett and company show up on the defensive boards like they did today, we'll give them a run for their money. Top it off with a large and loud crowd and I could see a close win.
Jim Calhoun was .500 against the Orange in his career.

UNC is successful against us because they have been loaded with NBA studs and we haven’t.

He didn't say that. He said he didn't think they were in the scope of the FBI. He knows he cheats
You seem to like to to split hairs, the quote is "UNC coach said on Friday he was confident his program was not involved in any wrongdoing with paying recruits." Seems a bit stronger to me than didn't think!

You seem to like to to split hairs, the quote is "UNC coach said on Friday he was confident his program was not involved in any wrongdoing with paying recruits." Seems a bit stronger to me than didn't think!
I was being a bit sarcastic. That is why I threw in the he knows he cheats.

7 pm on ESPN >>> 10:30 pm on the WB

Theyll prob put Maye at foul line , hes money from mid range and have him flanked by Berry , Johnson , and Williams who all scare me
Maye is custom made to hit that FT line jumper - however he isn't really a passer, so that may limit him in that spot. Cam Johnson has always killed us at Pitt and they have 3pt shooters everywhere. However, they don't have the size downlow that usually gives us problems - we should be OK on the boards and be able to score on them

Maye is custom made to hit that FT line jumper - however he isn't really a passer, so that may limit him in that spot. Cam Johnson has always killed us at Pitt and they have 3pt shooters everywhere. However, they don't have the size downlow that usually gives us problems - we should be OK on the boards and be able to score on them
Tell Moyer to dog Maye. He likes mixing it up, he can disrupt their flow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom