Uncomfortable Truths | Syracusefan.com

Uncomfortable Truths

If he's coming here after a loss that means he's coming here way too much. We had the game and lost it, we are stale and will continue to be stale as CNY struggles to produce elite talent.

Agreed, his point isn't wrong to be honest but it holds little weight when your only here for the losses.

Exactly. I take criticism from people like you and others way more seriously who are here for the good and bad. Not sure why some can't understand that.

just watched the second half on replay. bummer. spencer is a great player. fact. i hate that he passed tim nelson in assists. fact. john desko is not moving this program forward. fact. and that is a bummer. fact.

Well, look who's here.

We must have lost today, because we all know you NEVER show up after a win.

Honest question -- are you a moderator? Because the post above seems a little inflammatory.

If you don't like the post, as others say, then don't respond. Or ignore... ????????

Agreed, his point isn't wrong to be honest but it holds little weight when your only here for the losses.

In all diplomacy here, if he is accurate or "his point isn't wrong" as you allude, why does it matter? If he came here after the wins, and was all cheerleader type, doing splits and raising pom poms, etc. how would that make his point (in that particular moment) objectively any different? 'Kitchen Sinking' or bringing unnecessary history, etc. into the equation should really have no bearing if what one says (again, in that moment) is accurate, no matter if one posts after only wins, only losses, or both. If he is here, one thing is probable, he's a fan and a diehard of the program and wants it to succeed, like all of us. Otherwise, I doubt he'd be here. Just my opinion and $.02. :)

Last edited:
Honest question -- are you a moderator? Because the post above seems a little inflammatory.

If you don't like the post, as others say, then don't respond. Or ignore... ????????

As his handle states, he's a Staff Member. So yes, he's a moderator. :)

In all diplomacy here, if he is accurate or "his point isn't wrong" as you allude, why does it matter? If he came here after the wins, and was all cheerleader type, doing splits and raising pom poms, etc. how would that make his point (in that particular moment) objectively any different? 'Kitchen Sinking' or bringing unnecessary history, etc. into the equation should really have no bearing if what one says (again, in that moment) is accurate, no matter if one posts after only wins, only losses, or both. If he is here, one thing is probable, he's a fan and a diehard of the program and wants it to succeed, like all of us. Otherwise, I doubt he'd be here. Just my opinion and $.02. :)

Yeah if you only come to this community sporadically after losses, you ain’t “diehard.”

...as CNY struggles to produce elite talent.
Honest question as someone who has always been a fan, but just now getting deep in it with a son playing... is that a legit part of the issue? Is there a limit to the amount of local studs today compared to yesteryear?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom