Unconfirmed (interesting) rumor | Syracusefan.com

Unconfirmed (interesting) rumor

UConn and Rutgers holding their collective breaths.

Texas voting on potential ACC membership on Monday.

That rumor is easily able to be shot down. The meeting agenda was already set on whether to empower their president to make a move. They won't have to vote on anything except whether or not to give him the decision to negotiate a conference on behalf of Texas. After they do that... they won't need to vote on whether to join any conference.

Invite Texas Tech and Uconn as full members...
Get Texas and ND as everything but football members...

ACC would be 16/18.

Tell Texas and ND they have to schedule a couple of ACC games a year. This would allow ND and Texas to be indy status and there own networks still. Will also give us two more good basketball teams in Texas and ND.

Invite Texas Tech and Uconn as full members...
Get Texas and ND as everything but football members...

ACC would be 16/18.

Tell Texas and ND they have to schedule a couple of ACC games a year. This would allow ND and Texas to be indy status and there own networks still. Will also give us two more good basketball teams in Texas and ND.

I like that idea minus Texas Tech. I'd rather see Rutgers or WVU or even Louisvile/USF added. How does TT add to the ACC football conference? They'd just be a bigtime outlier for a conference littered with coastal schools.

That bball conference would be pretty sick if it were UConn and WVU added.

TTU is about 60 places worse academically than the worst ACC team NCSU no way they get invited, we still have an academic reputation we would like to uphold.

Texas most likely have to move, if move at all with TT...that is way of the Texas legislature...so no Texas. ND most likely to go Big 10 or stay independent--mistake based on their recent (10 yrs) of not being tier 1 competitive...I would like to see more BE teams join us...WVU would be great but academically doesnt fit...so it would be 1. Uconn, 2, Rutgirls, 3. Louisville, and 4. ?

No way ACC takes schools for all sports but football. No way.

Agree with hell no to Texas Tech. If you are going to admit a school as lowly ranked as TT, I say stay local, gobble up WVU. They are no Texas, but they are a very good football program, whose biggest drawback is their academic ranking.

Sure...because taking non football schools has worked soooo well for the Big East

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom