"Unforced" errors... | Syracusefan.com

"Unforced" errors...

supp

Hall of Fame
That seems to be Quint's mantra over the last few broadcasts in response to opponents' difficulty scoring vs SU's d. Not having watched any lax other than those games involving SU, I wonder if they are unforced? It became apparent to me, especially during the Nova game, that opponents are looking to beat the d in unsettled situations which means a faster paced game and the opportunity for more errors. The problem is that neither ND or Nova seemed particularly well-suited to play that style of lacrosse. Nova was certainly better at it than ND. I'm wondering what teams could play that run and gun style effectively in the NCAA tourney? Albany, yes. Cornell, yes. Duke and North Carolina, yes. Is that it? And at least one of those teams could be gone in the first round if the projected brackets are accurate.

I would love to see Cornell and Albany matched up in the first round. That means one of them will be gone. Do I think that we would beat Albany the second time around, if that were to happen? Yes, but they still scare me.

That seems to be Quint's mantra over the last few broadcasts in response to opponents' difficulty scoring vs SU's d. Not having watched any lax other than those games involving SU, I wonder if they are unforced? It became apparent to me, especially during the Nova game, that opponents are looking to beat the d in unsettled situations which means a faster paced game and the opportunity for more errors. The problem is that neither ND or Nova seemed particularly well-suited to play that style of lacrosse. Nova was certainly better at it than ND. I'm wondering what teams could play that run and gun style effectively in the NCAA tourney? Albany, yes. Cornell, yes. Duke and North Carolina, yes. Is that it? And at least one of those teams could be gone in the first round if the projected brackets are accurate.

That's a great observation and something i noticed as well with regards to quint an the unforced errors. Some of it is true yes but some of it he's not giving cuse their due. One time was when cuse was riding hard really dogging guys and nova threw it away. He said another unforced turnover. But to me that's not really the whole story as cuse was making them play ragged. Another time cuse's aggressiveness forced nova into a bad pass, it was 'unforced' in the sense that the kid air mailed it but he was hearing footsteps.

Anyhow I think some of it is bc cuse is in the other teams head.

To your other point I think Ohio state and Loyola want to run and push it. I watched That game and it was a run and gun track meet. Quite fun actually.

They do the same thing with the men's hoops team. Good, smothering defense, in most sports, force the opponent into uncharacteristic mistakes by forcing them to work faster than they usually do. When humans hurry, they tend to make more mistakes. It's no coincidence in my opinion.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom