**UNIFORM UPDATE FOR CLEMSON** | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

**UNIFORM UPDATE FOR CLEMSON**

I don't really understand why we wore new pants for a meaningless game like Wagner then unveil new helmets for a bs game like Tulane then go back to standard uniforms for the biggest game of the year. Can you say fail to the su marketing department.

Because we want to look like SU Football when we enter the ACC and beat Clemson.

That's why.

exactly, orange on orange yuck city, isn't traditional. Here's hoping it's dark blue tops with orange pants traditional...
I think Jim Brown era was orange on orange. That would be pretty traditional. I would love to see all orange, as long as it's the same orange (unlike the debacle a few years back). I'd like it to become our standard home uniform.

I don't really understand why we wore new pants for a meaningless game like Wagner then unveil new helmets for a bs game like Tulane then go back to standard uniforms for the biggest game of the year. Can you say fail to the su marketing department.

The PLAYERS vote on the uniforms, not the SU marketing department.

Well, who decided THAT would be a good idea?????

;)
The player voted on the changes not what they wear. I bet if it was up to them they would come out in THEIR new uniforms. It just doesn't make sense to unveil everything slowly over a few weeks just to pull it now. I understand they are alternate uniforms but why not use them for the biggest game of the year to get the guys more fired up.

Dramatic changes in the uniform can be a major distraction to a bunch of college kids. They get so caught up in how they look, they get too emotional & lose their focus. That's exactly why you try that stuff in meaningless games. I loved the new helmet, but not crazy about going all blue. I'd like to see what the new helmets look like with the traditional blue jersey & orange pants. This game is a celebration of two "orange" teams. We definitely need to show some orange. Please though, no orange on orange. We look like pumpkins in those!

syracuse_james_wyche.jpg

James Wyche (was this 2004 against Pitt in 2 OT win 38-31?)

Andrew Robinson (between 2006-2009?)

and who could forget this?

Have we ever used this helmet?

New Syracuse ‘Hydrochrome’ Football Helmet

and who could forget this?

Have we ever used this helmet?

A couple of years ago Kyle Fetterly was at an equipment show, and one of the vendors handed him an orange football helmet and took a picture ... and the entire Syracuse fanbase lost its' collective mind.

EA Sports NCAA Football 2011 and 2012 not the past two years. Had a Syracuse alternate jersey which was Orange on top basically the current blue jersey with Orange color, white numerals outlined with blue and white pants with Blue/Orange stripes on them basically the white pants we wear in practice and were shown on the ESPNU show we did.
upload_2013-10-2_9-53-51.jpeg

Put an Orange top with these pants and BOOM ROASTED.

playing devil's advocate, but how do you know the players were told there would be nothing new all week and then when they walk in Saturday there won't be brand new jerseys in their lockers?

Would be the best way, IMO, to fire up the guys even more before this game.

A couple of years ago Kyle Fetterly was at an equipment show, and one of the vendors handed him an orange football helmet and took a picture ... and the entire Syracuse fanbase lost its' collective mind.
I still love that helmet.