University had to self report an NCAA violation regarding recruiting co | Syracusefan.com

University had to self report an NCAA violation regarding recruiting co

I was reading the comments and one about it being Cohen's fault was removed after I finished reading it. lol

There is speculation that the coaches have made a decision on the starting QB and that's why practices have been closed. Not sure I buy that, but I did find it interesting that one of the pics with the article is with the QB's in a drill with Hunt not included.

I have no clue what this is about, but I'll just say that if this has anything to do with Cohen and his rumors, I'd be very disappointed if he still has a job tomorrow.

A good # of SU fans probably just want to just skip to the last 11 words of that sentence.

Very predictable.

When you hire reckless kids to cover a subject that lack the judgement and maturity to handle the subject matter, it is just a matter of time before they get closed out from the program.

That special level of access Dave Rahme was able to get and retain was earned. One wonders if any media member will ever enjoy that level of access again.

What a shame Syracuse has no company willing to hire too notch professionals to cover Syracuse football. Arnie Burdick is spinning in his grave.

What a shame Syracuse has no company willing to hire too notch professionals to cover Syracuse football. Arnie Burdick is spinning in his grave.

The sad thing is, even adequately professionals should be able to avoid getting shut out. I would take adequate at this point. I dream of top notch.

I have no clue what this is about, but I'll just say that if this has anything to do with Cohen and his rumors, I'd be very disappointed if he still has a job tomorrow.

A good # of SU fans probably just want to just skip to the last 11 words of that sentence.
What would be especially galling in that case is that a UCONN fan would have caused an NCAA violation that we had to self-report. Galling in that it is even possible for it to happen due to the rules, and that it happened period. But that's a hypothetical, because I certainly don't know who actually did it.

@BrentAxeMedia: It was noted that SU had to self-report a violation when a recruit visited practice and media reported. Which is pretty ridiculous (1/2)

@BrentAxeMedia: It was noted that SU had to self-report a violation when a recruit visited practice and media reported. Which is pretty ridiculous (1/2)
Eh??? That one has me baffled. Coaches can't talk publicly about prospects, but media members who see a prospect at practice, or on campus?

How does this not happen everywhere? The NCAA must have a special storage center setup just to file all the self reported violations for something like this.

The NCAA can't punish a team if it can't control its own media. You'd have Auburn fans lining up for Alabama blog jobs and medial credentials, just to report all the recruits they see at practice.

Has to be more to it, because on the surface, this is even dumb by NCAA standards.

Probably has to do with the recruit whose picture was posted on Syracuse.com. D-lineman from last week or so.

As a side note, I thought this was funny:
"He wanted to close it down because of the reporting on injuries," said Sue Edson, the Assistant Athletics Director/Communications for football. "We have a responsibility to make sure any injury that's out there does not influence betting lines."

I'm awfully grateful that the SU Athletic Department's primary focus is to maintain the validity of the betting lines in Vegas...

I thought Cohen interviewing malik brown and a few other recruits and being in their houses before signing day was borderline violation. I think Syracuse.com and Post Standard will stop at no end to get attention..even if it involves screwing our program over.

Cohen hasn't published anything in two days - maybe they are giving him a time out because the counting to 3 trick failed.

The university does not run afoul of the NCAA if the established media in their home town talk to recruits. I believe bloggers that in some way can be connected to a university (booster, ticket holder, alumni, etc.) are another matter. Different shades of gray.

You know, it just occurred to me that I'm going to be in Vegas when we play Penn State.

What is the line?

That special level of access Dave Rahme was able to get and retain was earned. One wonders if any media member will ever enjoy that level of access again.

I wouldn't hold your breath.

And SU had every opportunity to leverage Dave for their own content. That it's not happening is their choice. Another dropped ball on their end.