University had to self report an NCAA violation regarding recruiting co | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

University had to self report an NCAA violation regarding recruiting co

You know, it just occurred to me that I'm going to be in Vegas when we play Penn State.

What is the line?

You might want to let it ride on LSU and Bama that weekend too.

The university does not run afoul of the NCAA if the established media in their home town talk to recruits. I believe bloggers that in some way can be connected to a university (booster, ticket holder, alumni, etc.) are another matter. Different shades of gray.
What about "journos" that are also alumni?

This story perhaps- http://www.syracuse.com/orangefootball/index.ssf/2013/08/post_23.html

Note that this talks about Holley and Floyd exchanging numbers at practice- I don't think Floyd is an eligible recruiter, which might be the violation

He can talk to kids. Bama has like 20 people on their staff, who aren't official staff members. Some of their tasks are showing recruits around, others contact them regularly, see Eric White. The NCAA recently de-regulated a lot of recruiting restrictions on who can exactly contact recruits. The support staffs on some of these SEC schools double our current staff + support staff.

Thomas Holley was in the Z89 studio's could it have been that? I still don't see what the difference between that, and what Todderick Hunt does?