unless we get to 7 wins I am off the bandwagon | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

unless we get to 7 wins I am off the bandwagon

not a nancy ... a realist

tremendous efforts by the players

0-7 last 7 games is more on coaching than individuals on the team

more on coaching? i disagree ...won't get into a pissing match about it either. Last year has been long debated and analyzed to death.

special teams is a disaster ... all the players fault I guess

special teams is a disaster ... all the players fault I guess

How were they a disaster today? Kobena out returned M. Lee today.
They gave up one 30 yard punt return to Woods...that's a disaster???? Sounds more like a lot of exaggeration to me...

for questioning the staff and their decision making (Marrone?)

they leave a lot to be desired on game day

a couple of those questionable calls did not lead to the outcome of the game.

while a handful of people think he leaves a lot to be desired on game day I think there's much to desire on game like having a team ready to compete. And obviously the offense is light years better than it was last year which has been the major gripe of certain people on this board. So now the offense seems to be moving in the right direction and instead of giving credit for that lets put that postive aside and start bitching and complaining about something else. typical.

more attempts .. i hope he out returns him

nice punt when we were at the 32 as well

a couple of those questionable calls did not lead to the outcome of the game.

while a handful of people think he leaves a lot to be desired on game day I think there's much to desire on game like having a team ready to compete. And obviously the offense is light years better than it was last year which has been the major gripe of certain people on this board. So now the offense seems to be moving in the right direction and instead of giving credit for that lets put that postive aside and start bitching and complaining about something else. typical.

the team has made progress talent wise

game day coaching is an issue -- you can not deny that

game day prep regarding specials is an issue (and a big one)

more attempts .. i hope he out returns him

nice punt when we were at the 32 as well

Per return einstein

18 yards a return vs 13 yards a return for Lee

Fisher averaged 42 yards a punt

Dixon was put in to do exactly what he did, it was in PS article this past week

Honestly, I thought this was one of the better coached games.

How were they a disaster today? Kobena out returned M. Lee today.
They gave up one 30 yard punt return to Woods...that's a disaster???? Sounds more like a lot of exaggeration to me...
Special teams is more about field position and turn the momentum of the game. Our special teams did a poor job of that today.

USC at their 15 punts it and we scrub it to the point we are starting at our 10 ... that is a disaster ... killed momentum

the team has made progress talent wise

game day coaching is an issue -- you can not deny that

game day prep regarding specials is an issue (and a big one)

so there's a few calls a game I can question - bfd. I'll watch parts of about 12-15 games today and I'll see questionable coaching calls all night - and from good coaches. The answer isn't to replace everybody.

but the decisions in key moments are noticeable when you play a team like northwestern or usc ... we have upgraded talent / depth ... just not to the point where we can overcome these deficiencies on the sideline

the talent has been upgraded but has the coaching been upgraded?

I want to believe ... but the staff makes it difficult

What would it take to get you to abandom the team and the site now?

but the decisions in key moments are noticeable when you play a team like northwestern or usc ... we have upgraded talent / depth ... just not to the point where we can overcome these deficiencies on the sideline

i haven't personally felt that I can point to any decision that has cost us a game so I disagree.

game prep regarding specials

going for 2 so early today

What exactly are you expectations?

you didnt seriously think we would upset usc did you? At least we outgained them, right? put a positive spin in it

I didn't...but here's the thing. The game was right there for the taking, and instead of being aggressive and playing to win, Marrone sends the wrong message with his weak decision to punt on 4th & 2. Especially, since we proved throughout the 2nd half that we could move the ball and score on SC, not to mention keeping SC's potent offense OFF the field, which was a large part of the game plan. If Sales doesn't trip over his own two feet the play before...it's first and ten. I would've run the same play (maybe on the opposite side) as Sales was wide open.

No way Kiffin punts there...as he didn't in the first half...in worse field position...with the game tied, as well as when in the lead, let alone while down and needing to score.

beat northwestern, respectable against usc (1 for 2)

beat stony brook, Minnesota, pitt, rutgers, uconn, temple

He isn't getting to 7 wins. He hasn't won a game in almost a calender year and is on a 7 game losing streak. Now you think they will win 7 out of 10? Not happening!

He isn't getting to 7 wins. He hasn't won a game in almost a calender year and is on a 7 game losing streak. Now you think they will win 7 out of 10? Not happening!
hey i believe

they have showed the potential vs 2 of the better opponents on the schedule

lets see how the next month plays out

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors