unless we get to 7 wins I am off the bandwagon | Syracusefan.com

unless we get to 7 wins I am off the bandwagon

orangenauburn

2023 Cali Award Average Attendance
the talent has been upgraded but has the coaching been upgraded?

I want to believe ... but the staff makes it difficult

seriously

i did not expect to win

we could have pulled it off if not for some questionable coaching calls

seriously

i did not expect to win

While I agree with some of what you're saying, I still think Marrone is the guy. Some of Doug's conservative calls really didn't help at all, but the missed tackles really killed them.

seriously

i did not expect to win

Did the coaches fail to tackle several times?

Did the coaches drop multiple balls in the first half?

Sure, I wanted to go for it on 4th and 2 just like everybody else, but we had to coach and play perfect this game in order to win. That didn't happen. But we put up a respectable showing.

We got beat by the an NFL QB and two NFL WR's - at least we won't face that level of talent the rest of the year.

Our "fans" make it even more difficult.

Sure, I wanted to go for it on 4th and 2 just like everybody else, but we had to coach and play perfect this game in order to win. That didn't happen. But we put up a respectable showing.

We got beat by the an NFL QB and two NFL WR's - at least we won't face that level of talent the rest of the year.

I'm still 100% behind Marrone but it's the coach's responsibilities to train the kids on how to tackle and catch the ball. Coaches are not immune.

The staff and team did an impressive job when it was a game. Where I am less than impressed is with some of the coaching decisions late in the fourth. They directly contributed to USCs double digit win.

For the last four years, we have been told here that we could not judge Marrone. That same crowd is now all about giving extensions for moral victories.

Playtime is over. It is all about true victories now.

after this weeks firepower the rest of schedule will seem like cake.i hated 2 plays in the game. 4th and 2 at midfield you have to go. and the punt from the 32 omg punting isnt our strength its throwing and running

Kind of an odd time to be jumping off the bandwagon. You don't play the market for a living, do you?

after this weeks firepower the rest of schedule will seem like cake.i hated 2 plays in the game. 4th and 2 at midfield you have to go. and the punt from the 32 omg punting isnt our strength its throwing and running

Marrone has definately made some questionable calls and I think he needs to be more aggressive some of his calls. Special teams also needs to improve as he is also the coach of that. With this being said though, the players still need to make plays. Teams like USC have players who are bigger, faster, and stronger. Their subs are 4 and 5 star recruits. I like the improvement I've seen from the team and I think the players and the coaching staff just need to build on it.

At least 3 top 10 picks

I'm still 100% behind Marrone but it's the coach's responsibilities to train the kids on how to tackle and catch the ball. Coaches are not immune.

the tackling in the 4th quarter was poor but it was raining and the defense was on fumes from poor offense keeping usc's offense on the field the entire half

it was 21-16

questionable personnel and play calls were the difference

Nice to actually compete though with Marrone isn't it? 99% of America and 3/4 of this board thought it would be a whooping today and it wasnt'. With Pasqualoni and/or Gump this would've been an epic woodshed beating. No more 59-0 with Marrone. I'll take it for now. He's still got a couple of years in my mind to get us over the hump because the improvement in the team is undeniable.

The nancies on this board who are now jumping ship are just mind boggling to me.

not a nancy ... a realist

tremendous efforts by the players

0-7 last 7 games is more on coaching than individuals on the team

yes ... it is

playing conservative cost us against rutgers last year

poor special coaching cost us vs rutgers and uconn last year and northwestern this year

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom