UNLV vs Kansas | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

UNLV vs Kansas

I didn't watch a lot of the game but I was not impressed by UNLV or by Sluka. Sluka couldn't throw worth crap. Overthrowing wide-open guys. 7 of 18 and about 80 yds. It seems at the end he just gave up and ran. Sure he could run, but the offense reminded me of the Garrett Shrader offense after he hurt his shoulder, only they didn't have Allen.

What a crash for the Wildcats.

Babers is doing a terrible job post game one.
They lost half their squad when Fisch left too. Their WR McMillan is unbelievable though. Dude is gonna be a top draft pick

Kansas and the refs handed them the game.

There are worse alternate universes to think of than the realistic one where Sluka is our quarterback. Dude has a set of stones on him.
He does, but he also made some pretty terrible throws. He's the type of player with the heart of a lion that SU fans love to root for en route to 6-6.

UNLV running backs did nothing. Sluka running was their whole team. Although Haines King is not quite as slippery, we need to do the same thing on defense we did to him. Sluka was 7/18 for 86 yards passing. Put 7 in the box and run blitz. Obviously Kansas handed them the game, but if Kansas had any competence at all on offense, even all those mistakes would not have mattered. Daniels is not an accurate passer.

I predicted in another thread that Arizona would lose at least five games, and they had no business being in the top 25. There were a few people here that were high on Arizona as a possible playoff team. Tonight they played a team with a pulse and got destroyed. (And I don’t think Kansas State is that good either ). First two wins were against FCS and the worst defense in college football in New Mexico. They might lose six or seven. How any polster could compare our résumé and theirs and conclude that they deserved to be eight or nine spots ahead of us is crazy/lazy. (28/29 vs 20)

Last edited:
I too wasnt that impressed. But I live bet UNLV to win when they were down 1 and it cashed!
I picked UNLV against the spread, on the money line, and part of a few parlays. After watching a little of that game I’m not sure the money line bet was a smart bet but I’ll take it. The end of that game was pretty awesome for me. :)

Shocked Girl GIF by AsmodeeGames
That’s gonna be hard to un-see.

I bet on the wrong team tn… f me and Dino. And while I know many of you are pumped to go to Vegas and hopefully we win, sluka is an elusive runner. Wishing we still had that army road game right now
You’re worried about Sluka being elusive but want to play Army? No thanks.

QB could cause problems for us, and admittedly I only watched the second half, but that game is more an example of Kansas not being good than UNLV being a problem.

Someone please explain to me how UNLV got the extra downs at the goal line? Made a first down (though questionable) then personal foul after the play. How did that change after?

Also, Kansas unis are obnoxiously bad.
I think what happened was the personal foul was a 15 yard penalty from about the one yard line. The refs/chain gang incorrectly marked it as 1st and goal from the 16 when it should have been 1st and 10 from the 16, since the personal fouls occurred after the successful fourth down conversion.

After that "1st and Goal" from the 16 that gained about 6 yards or so, the refs had a long discussion and I think instead of 2nd and goal from the 10 they changed it to 2nd and 4 from the 10. I think on the next play UNLV converted a first down bringing up 1st and goal, and the broadcast never really got it straight making it look like extra goal to go downs. Not totally sure though.

I'm an idiot for not buying tix earlier now they're creeping up and especially now that it looks like we'll have 2 4-0 teams. Have had flight and hotel booked for awhile at least.

Where are the Cuse fans sitting in Vegas?

it’s crazy what Fran has done so quickly to my perception of other teams. Because I never imagined watching Kansas and UNLV and saying “Cuse would stomp both these teams, we are a different product”. They look like teams of our recent past. Flawed on the lines, no big playmakers on the outside and mobile college QBs who will never make it to the next level (no offense! Sluka is a solid college QB but wow he isn’t even in the same planet as McCord).

Cuse would have stomped Kansas by 3 scores. I think Cuse beats UNLV like 38-20

Two things, after watching that game.

First, UNLV’s defensive adjustments after halftime. UNLV could not stop Kansas in the first half. They did a much better job in the second half. I’m not sure if it is because of what UNLV did or what Kansas didn’t do.

Second, UNLV has a different kind of hold. It was more of a hug, both arms around the defensive player. I mentioned this to my daughter. Later in the game she said,”Penalty, ten yards for hugging.”

I'm an idiot for not buying tix earlier now they're creeping up and especially now that it looks like we'll have 2 4-0 teams. Have had flight and hotel booked for awhile at least.

Let's not jinx the Stanford game...

Two things, after watching that game.

First, UNLV’s defensive adjustments after halftime. UNLV could not stop Kansas in the first half. They did a much better job in the second half. I’m not sure if it is because of what UNLV did or what Kansas didn’t do.

Second, UNLV has a different kind of hold. It was more of a hug, both arms around the defensive player. I mentioned this to my daughter. Later in the game she said,”Penalty, ten yards for hugging.”
I noticed this too. Also I have no idea what the Kansas defense was thinking, they had a guy assigned to Sluka most of the game and then he was still getting free. Then on a big time strip sack on him they can't pick up the ball.

Not impressed by UNLV at all. Sluka is big and a tough runner, but slow. As long as our guys don't dive at his legs all game, I think the D will keep them in check while McCord dissects them on offense.
Or tackle around his shoulders

In the 130s

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom