unreal...that was pathetic | Syracusefan.com

unreal...that was pathetic

Great. I have to now root for Georgia otherwise college football ends for me after our bowl game.

Wow. Just wow. Talk about ball washing. brett and herbstreit were discussing this goal line stand as if it were only notre dame greatness rather than complete ineptitue on the part of SC and coach. also, the fat fullback should have caught that pass. it was not as bad a pass as herbie made it out to be.

plus he FUBAR'ed the clock with the twice attempted qb sneaks. It wouldnt have mattered even if they scored. They only had 1 TO left.

Terrible play calling by USC

If you can't run the ball in from the 1 yard line, you don't deserve to win.

Only so many fades for PI you can call. They don't eventually give you the TD.

That was on his OL. 4th down call should have been a TD. If our D held like that, this board would all have messy living rooms..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

plus he FUBAR'ed the clock with the twice attempted qb sneaks. It wouldnt have mattered even if they scored. They only had 1 TO left.

honesty, lane would have been better off having them kick a field goal on fist down with 5 minutes left if he was going to play call so scared.

can anyone help me out ,how do you read messages under my profile?

If you can't run the ball in from the 1 yard line, you don't deserve to win.

Only so many fades for PI you can call. They don't eventually give you the TD.

That was on his OL. 4th down call should have been a TD. If our D held like that, this board would all have messy living rooms..

Seriously. 3 plays from the 2? You'd think those 5-star OL recruits could move the pile a little.

can anyone help me out ,how do you read messages under my profile?

Just click on it

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Seriously. 3 plays from the 2? You'd think those 5-star OL recruits could move the pile a little.

Worse, they were from the 1. First PI put it at the 2, 2nd one put it half the distance. Maybe they should have thrown 4 more fades, get into reasonable running distance.

Horrendous job. Not to mention the snails pace of that last drive. And running the ball up the gut 3 times? Come on.

Horrendous job. Not to mention the snails pace of that last drive. And running the ball up the gut 3 times? Come on.

The odds of not gaining six inches in two running plays is pretty slim. It doesn't make notre dame world beaters, but i'm not exactly sure what everyone is so irate about. I actually even like the way USC sneaks it by rushing to the line and quick snapping it. Just wasn't happening.

The odds of not gaining six inches in two running plays is pretty slim. It doesn't make notre dame world beaters, but i'm not exactly sure what everyone is so irate about. I actually even like the way USC sneaks it by rushing to the line and quick snapping it. Just wasn't happening.

I'm sorry, it was pretty clear after the first 2 plays that up the middle wasn't happening. That was horrendous, uninspiring play calling. And the lack of a sense of urgency that last drive was even more mind boggling. Just a poor job all around. 7-5 with that type of talent is unacceptable.

am I the only one who wanted the Irish to win? I dislike them as much as the next guy but NO WAY I could stand to watch another all SEC national championship! College football needs someone else to win this year. Even if it has to be the Irish!

Should have kicked the FG on 4th down instead. You need 2 scores. Amazes me how stupid coach's are when they need two scores and instead go for it on 4th down.

I'm sorry, it was pretty clear after the first 2 plays that up the middle wasn't happening. That was horrendous, uninspiring play calling. And the lack of a sense of urgency that last drive was even more mind boggling. Just a poor job all around. 7-5 with that type of talent is unacceptable.

He threw two straight fades to Woods in one-on-one coverage vs. a true frosh. You didn't like those calls? They ran a really nicely designed and executed wheel route to get Woods deep against man coverage to even get them to the door step. You didn't like that? Then USC is at the one, and they took two shots with a 240-lb QB and then a third with their star RB. Then, even after that, they were a dropped pass away from the TD. That was "uninspired"? It's just bizarre. People get mad when it doesn't work but you probably would have been hammering him too if they threw a pass on first down with their frosh QB and it got picked.

Should have kicked the FG on 4th down instead. You need 2 scores. Amazes me how stupid coach's are when they need two scores and instead go for it on 4th down.

Why? You're not getting closer than the 1 and time is getting short. Much rather go for the TD since you've got to score one regardless. Kiffin isn't a phenomenal coach, IMO, but I don't really get the criticism. They didn't execute, which is frustrating, but that's the whole story.

You've tried 3 times already and failed. You need 2 scores regardless. At least a FG keeps you in the game. See what happened on 4th down and the game was over.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom