UPDATE: GAME POSTPONED UNTIL WEDNESDAY 7 PM [ESPN2] | Syracusefan.com

UPDATE: GAME POSTPONED UNTIL WEDNESDAY 7 PM [ESPN2]

why does the NCAA have say over this event?

The NCAA owns and operates the NIT. They do the configuration of the arena and everything. Random anecdote about that... When I was in school they moved student radio (WAER) to a lift behind the bleachers so they could sell four more courtside seats. Those seats sat empty for almost every non-conference game, but that didn't matter - they were paid for. For the NIT, WAER was courtside because the NCAA was in charge and treated student radio better than the athletic department of "Sportscaster U."

The NCAA owns and operates the NIT. They do the configuration of the arena and everything. Random anecdote about that... When I was in school they moved student radio (WAER) to a lift behind the bleachers so they could sell four more courtside seats. Those seats sat empty for almost every non-conference game, but that didn't matter - they were paid for. For the NIT, WAER was courtside because the NCAA was in charge and treated student radio better than the athletic department of "Sportscaster U."

Which is why there are no beer sales.

would definitely try to sneak in a bottle of jameson if it didn't warrant a lifetime ban

The NIT sued the NCAA, alleging antitrust violations. The NCAA got rid of that lawsuit by buying the NIT and dismissing the suit.

seems pretty easy to move it since round 2 is so spread out. not the tight deadlines like the NCAA tourney

I've gone up to games in weather MUCH worse than this so far. 28,000 came with me.

LOL, cmon.

I remember the WVU game in 2002 had absolutely horrid weather and there was a small crowd...and weather was nowhere near this bad.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom