Update your Cuse regular season final projection with what you have seen. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Update your Cuse regular season final projection with what you have seen.

17-14, 1-1 in the acc tournament. 18-15 and miss the tournament. Not enough quality wins to get in the dance. If the team grows faster than I anticipate 20-13 but still not a good enough resume to make the tournament.

Remove the first year, Syracuse is averaging 9 losses a year in the ACC. That is 8 more losses in the conference from where we are right now. Which puts us at 13 losses. The ACC is down this year, but I think we are right around as good as we have been the past few years, maybe a little worse and less experience.

Last edited:
17-14, 1-1 in the acc tournament. 18-15 and miss the tournament. Not enough quality wins to get in the dance. If the team grows faster than I anticipate 20-13 but still not a good enough resume to make the tournament.
Bold prediction while the UL game is going on.

Bold prediction while the UL game is going on.
I added to my comment. It doesn’t have anything to do with this game. This would be a terrible loss though. I still expect to pull this game out.

My prediction: 20+ wins.

the team has won 6 of 7 and is getting better...some bad losses early but for me that was a given...I expect this team to keep improving and to go on a run in conference play.

feb/march syr wont be the same as nov syr.

still not sure if theyll be able to beat the ranked teams on their sched, which will be necessary to make the tourney, though.
can i change my answer??!

As much as that game sucked...pretty much everyone had us 1-1...

now comes the games that matter more. 2-0 the next two would be big

As much as that game sucked...pretty much everyone had us 1-1...

now comes the games that matter more. 2-0 the next two would be big
This was the hardest game left on the schedule according to team rankings, so there is that

My prediction: 20+ wins.

the team has won 6 of 7 and is getting better...some bad losses early but for me that was a given...I expect this team to keep improving and to go on a run in conference play.

feb/march syr wont be the same as nov syr.

still not sure if theyll be able to beat the ranked teams on their sched, which will be necessary to make the tourney, though.
team has at least 14 more games to play this year...at least 8-6 seems pretty likely from here...

so, yeah, sticking with 20+ wins for my projection...and actually think it will be more than 20.

17 wins still. Need quality wins before I change my mind

team has at least 14 more games to play this year...at least 8-6 seems pretty likely from here...

so, yeah, sticking with 20+ wins for my projection...and actually think it will be more than 20.
I like the optimism. Our 5 conference wins are against 4 of the worst 5 teams in the conference. Games are about to get a lot more difficult.

Doesn’t mean that it has not been a successful start to the conference slate though. It’s a good building block. But we have won the games we NEEEDED to win. Now we are going to have to win a lot more against the upper echelon teams if we want to make the tournament. I’m still sticking with my prediction.

Team has the talent to win against anyone left. I think we have a shot at 21 wins.

I like the optimism. Our 5 conference wins are against 4 of the worst 5 teams in the conference. Games are about to get a lot more difficult.

Doesn’t mean that it has not been a successful start to the conference slate though. It’s a good building block. But we have won the games we NEEEDED to win. Now we are going to have to win a lot more against the upper echelon teams if we want to make the tournament. I’m still sticking with my prediction.
i havent watched any ncaabb this season other than cuse games so i dont really know how good the rest of the field is

but I just saw that 11 ranked teams lost on saturday...lot of parity throughout the sport. I dont really think any acc teams are too good for this team to beat

so 8-6 the rest of the way is a conservative floor for me

If this team wins 20 regular season games, then bravo! to Coach Boeheim.
The problem will be next year, when the seniors move on and maybe some of the freshmen reevaluate their futures.

@ GT - W
UNC - W (why not)
@ VT - L
UVA - L
@ BC - W
@ FSU - W
NCST - W
Duke - L
@ Clemson - L
@ Pitt - L
GT - W
WF - W

Nineteen wins is better than what I thought in November.

I think we will finish above .500. We have what, 17 ACC games left? Currently 9-5 (2-1). I am going with the optimistic approach and guessing 19-12 (12-8). Partly because UL and FSU are bad.

@ UL - W
@ UVA - L
VT - L
ND - W
@ Miami - L
@ GT - W
UNC - W
@ VT - L
UVA - L
@ BC - W
@ FSU - W
NCST - W
Duke - L
@ Clemson - W
@ Pitt - L
GT - W
WF - W
Currently 13-8 (6-4), halfway through conference play. I predicted 6-4 in those games, but have to find a way to get to 8-2 with a win over UVA/Duke.

@ UL - W, Result W
@ UVA - L, Result L
VT - L, Result W
ND - W, Result W
@ Miami - L, Result L (ugh)
@ GT - W, Result W
UNC - W, Result L (ugh)

@ VT - L
UVA - L
@ BC - W
@ FSU - W
NCST - W
Duke - L
@ Clemson - W
@ Pitt - L
GT - W
WF - W

Last edited:

Remove the first year, Syracuse is averaging 9 losses a year in the ACC. That is 8 more losses in the conference from where we are right now. Which puts us at 13 losses. The ACC is down this year, but I think we are right around as good as we have been the past few years, maybe a little worse and less experience.
18-15 was my guess and we finished 17-15. Not sure why I assumed we would go 1-1 in the conference tournament that we have always struggled with.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom