Updated 24/7 Rankings | Syracusefan.com

Updated 24/7 Rankings

Symphony Steve

All American
Just went through all 247 2023 prospects in the updated rankings.

Not one had SU in their Top 5, which, I suppose, is understandable.

What shocked me was that a veritable bleepload of the prospects had BC in their Top 5. Plus one commitment among the Top 247 as well. What are they doing that we're not doing? Here are the updated rankings:

What shocked me was that a veritable bleepload of the prospects had BC in their Top 5. Plus one commitment among the Top 247 as well. What are they doing that we're not doing? Here are the updated rankings:

The BC commit is from a Catholic High School in Mass.
Also it March 2nd. National Signing is late December. A lot of these players will flip before that time. Of those that do commit 25% will be in the transfer portal within 2 years.

I believe the sorting is done alphabetically by hot, warm, cool. For example if a prospect has 20 schools listed as cool we will most often be at the end while BC would be at the top.

That makes sense. It's not how they were presented (5 top schools), but it makes a lot of sense.

Hafley is nothing special as a coach but he can recruit.

That makes sense. It's not how they were presented (5 top schools), but it makes a lot of sense.

Agreed, how they present until clicking into all offers is deceiving.

Hafley always been a good recruiter
Yup

And he is circling Greg like a shark now that Fran is gone.

We will have our head to heads with him but not as much so as the NJ Nitwit will.

Harley landed a QB from Texas and if you read the article, he sold the kid on Flutie, Matt Ryan, and Hasslebacks in regards to their great QB tradition.

Also sold him on how their offense prepares a QB for the NFL.

Boston College has a virtual monopoly on parochial schools in Massachusetts. Only the occasional Notre Dame and other B1G or others out of there. All the rest, if they can play, BC.

NYS will need to become our bread and butter again.

Boston College has a virtual monopoly on parochial schools in Massachusetts. Only the occasional Notre Dame and other B1G or others out of there. All the rest, if they can play, BC.

They get anyone ND doesn't take. With Marcus Freeman upping ND's recruiting the trickle down effect will be BC gets better kids that ND now passes on.

They get anyone ND doesn't take. With Marcus Freeman upping ND's recruiting the trickle down effect will be BC gets better kids that ND now passes on.
Hafley lost most of his staff during the off season. It will be interesting to see how it impacts their program in 2022. Massive turnover is usually a precursor to a bad season. His new hires need to be home runs almost immediately.

Hafley lost most of his staff during the off season. It will be interesting to see how it impacts their program in 2022. Massive turnover is usually a precursor to a bad season. His new hires need to be home runs almost immediately.

We’re in the same boat.

There isn't enough talent in NYS to put margarin on a single slice of bread.

247 has only two recruits from NYS ranked in the top 247 recruits for 2023. Syracuse has offered both.

The entire northeast (NY, Ct, RI, Mass, Vt, NH and Maine) has a total of 15 players in the top 247 of any ranking (the lowest is a 2*, 79)

On the other hand, there are 22 recruits from NJ listed in the top 247. Ten of them are rated higher than the two kids from NYS.

Pennsylvania has 14 players rated higher than any kid from NYS.

The DC, Maryland, Virgina triad has 29 players ranked higher than the kids in NYS.

Ohio has 24 players ranked higher.

Georgia has 53 players ranked higher than NYS

Florida has 93 players ranked higher than NYS

If we make NYS our bread and butter again, we will starve in the ACC.

There isn't enough talent in NYS to put margarin on a single slice of bread.

247 has only two recruits from NYS ranked in the top 247 recruits for 2023. Syracuse has offered both.

The entire northeast (NY, Ct, RI, Mass, Vt, NH and Maine) has a total of 15 players in the top 247 of any ranking (the lowest is a 2*, 79)

On the other hand, there are 22 recruits from NJ listed in the top 247. Ten of them are rated higher than the two kids from NYS.

Pennsylvania has 14 players rated higher than any kid from NYS.

The DC, Maryland, Virgina triad has 29 players ranked higher than the kids in NYS.

Ohio has 24 players ranked higher.

Georgia has 53 players ranked higher than NYS

Florida has 93 players ranked higher than NYS

If we make NYS our bread and butter again, we will starve in the ACC.
NY players aren't rated, it's a great unknown.

We’re in the same boat.
not sure of the circumstances at BC, but in our case we clearly upgraded in terms of Anae and Beck, and actually getting a dedicated special teams coach(a good one, to boot). It's not like we lost White and Monroe

not sure of the circumstances at BC, but in our case we clearly upgraded in terms of Anae and Beck, and actually getting a dedicated special teams coach(a good one, to boot). It's not like we lost White and Monroe
BCs circumstances are being in a perpetual state of thinking that they’re going to be nasty only to find out that they’re just as mediocre as the likes of us.

We have to become a winning program for the 4 & 5 stars to begin to take us seriously. Hopefully with the new additions to our staff we will be a desired program again.

The prospects are very good and have been working hard to get those stars which is why they want to play for top programs like Alabama, Clemson, etc., etc.

We have to become a winning program for the 4 & 5 stars to begin to take us seriously. Hopefully with the new additions to our staff we will be a desired program again.

The prospects are very good and have been working hard to get those stars which is why they want to play for top programs like Alabama, Clemson, etc., etc.

You’re right. Except…

We will literally NEVER get a 5*.

Never, ever.

There are roughly 2 dozen of them every year, and virtually all go to a handful of factory schools, like you named.

Maybe we can start getting more than the sporadic 4* here and there, but even that will take consistent winning, which we haven’t done in over 2 decades now.

New staff ain’t gonna change that overnight.
It takes years.

You’re right. Except…

Never, ever.

There are roughly 2 dozen of them every year, and virtually all go to a handful of factory schools, like you named.

Maybe we can start getting more than the sporadic 4* here and there, but even that will take consistent winning, which we haven’t done in over 2 decades now.

It takes years.
721, thank you for the reply. Man, you are a frequent well informed visitor here. Why the handle 721 Comstock?

You’re right. Except…

Never, ever.

It takes years.
I think we're going to have to be something similar to like Minnesota. Similar climate, good history, decent fanbase. The Gophs recruit somewhere between 35-55, which isn't incredible, but fleck coaches his players up. That's about best case scenario for us in my opinion.

I think we're going to have to be something similar to like Minnesota. Similar climate, good history, decent fanbase. The Gophs recruit somewhere between 35-55, which isn't incredible, but fleck coaches his players up. That's about best case scenario for us in my opinion.
Minnesota's climate is WAY worse in terms of cold. Take it from a guy that's in plant growing zone denial about CNY.

I can’t agree more honestly, we should want to be everything minny is right now. A competitive, competent, and winning team. Do they compete for a NC? Not really. But they’re still fun to watch and always plays the blue bloods hard and usually Is upsetting someone every year it seems (OSU/Mich, etc).

That’s what I want cuse to be.

I've brought them up before as our best case scenario peer as well. For some reason people here think we're higher on the totem pole then them when in reality they have been wayyy better for about 20 years at this point.

Yup

And he is circling Greg like a shark now that Fran is gone.

We will have our head to heads with him but not as much so as the NJ Nitwit will.

Harley landed a QB from Texas and if you read the article, he sold the kid on Flutie, Matt Ryan, and Hasslebacks in regards to their great QB tradition.

Also sold him on how their offense prepares a QB for the NFL.
Going to be putting Jurkovec into the league too. Outside shot of being a 1st rounder at this early juncture.

Hafley's kool-aid must be delicious because he's done about what The Dazzler did before him