Urban Meyer to retire from Ohio State | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Urban Meyer to retire from Ohio State

Is Day guaranteed , cause if not then Iowa State just started squirming.

Yes, will be announced this morning at team meeting that he is getting the job from everything I’ve heard.

So Urban will sit out next year and then take the USC job next year when Clay Helton sucks.

Yep. We’ve seen this movie before.

I wonder if Ballers will incorporate this into their next season if they have Spencer going against the NCAA again more.

Have to wonder where this leaves Schiano. I thought UMASS would have been a good spot for him

It's kind of ironic if OSU/Big 10 forced him out because they didn't make the Final 4 instead of changing the foolish way football picks its champion.
? Is the B1G now making coaching decisions for its member schools as well as setting NCAA policy?

Conspiracy Theory Alert - This was the plan put in place by Ohio State leadership after the last Urban cover up scandal; They clear him of wrong doing, wait a few months, and then he announces his retirement for multiple vague reasons that are fed to the rumor mill. Everyone saves face and the victims are forgotten. Mission accomplished. Worked at Florida, works at tOSU.

Last edited:
It would be classic if he convinced OSU to hire Day as a coach, knowing Day might not do well because it would make his tenure there look even better.

There are rumors he takes Green Bay's job...
Absolutely not. Packers fans would be pretty upset if this were the happen. Packers will hire someone that has already had an NFL stint as HC. Think McDaniels or a defensive minded guy like Rex Ryan

Wow...I can't imagine the pressure he has at OSU. OSU will now look at Dino?
Maybe, but I don't believe Dino's offense would work well in the B1G,. Everything is outdoors and cold.

Maybe, but I don't believe Dino's offense would work well in the B1G,. Everything is outdoors and cold.

I mean, Bowling Green played their games outdoors.

But seriously I don’t think what OSU did under CUM was THAT different.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom