US @ Costa Rica 6 Sep World Cup Qualifier | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

US @ Costa Rica 6 Sep World Cup Qualifier

This Campbell guy for Costa Rica, I assume he plays professionally somewhere? He's a hell of a player.

He was bought by Arsenal from his CR club team in maybe 2011. Went on loan to Lorient in France then was at Real Betis last season (he scored a SICK goal last season for Betis too) and now is on loan again at Olympiakos. Not sure if he can't win a UK work permit or what but he's a player.

EDIT: Golazo

well if we can manage an equalizer and come away with a point that oughta be a good amount of piss in the ticos wheaties... either way things started to swing later there hopefully we can be on the ball and in full attack mode coming out of ht

The one thing about the US teams is their superior conditioning. I think the Ticos were running out of gas towards the end of the half after that frantic first 25 minutes. They can't possibly keep up that pace the entire game. Halftime saved them from a possible equalizer.

With Mexico winning right now, I'll be happy with a point coming out of tonight. Something tells me if we tie it early in the second that Klinsmann is going to play for the win. He wants to clinch this thing.

How do you sprain an ankle in pregame warmups? That's what I wanna know. I mean, come on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - http://tapatalk.com/m/

It's like spraining your ankle in the layup line in basketball. This could only happen to the US in Costa Rica.

How do you sprain an ankle in pregame warmups? That's what I wanna know. I mean, come on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - http://tapatalk.com/m/
If you look closely at this pitch the question is actually "how did only Bradley sprain his ankle in warmups?"

Okay, so what happens if Honduras beats Mexico? Does that eliminate El Tri from contention? Does it help us lock things up if we continue to the bed tonight?

just need to spank el tri next week and hopefully that can possibly clinch things. damn ticos

Losing Jozy was bad, but losing Besler killed me.

Rough to not have our best defender, best forward, and potentially (no word on Bradley yet) best middie out for the game in Columbus.

Hopefully I'll only drink just enough so I wake up in time for the football game tomorrow... joking, kinda

Damn it! Klinnsman owes me $8.99. I purchase the game and find out the US is already down 2-0 12 minutes in. Team looks like crap. Bradley sprained his ankle in warm-ups and no Altidore. You're telling me the US can't possess without Bradley? Sheesh.

Why is it so hard to win in Costa Rica?

Once Bradley went down, the thing to do would have been to play Kyle Beckerman - although I'm unsure if he is currently on the roster. He's the next best when it comes to winning back the ball in midfield.

Didn't see the US play last night but just read that El Tri stuff-canned De La Torre this morning. Lets hope the interim coach is equally inept for Tuesday!

Jozy (damn auto fill - not Jody) is such a bonehead. What the hell was he thinking sitting on a yellow?! Gotta be smarter than that. I thought the call against Besler was awful. That was Oscar worthy. I think the Oscar of the night goes to the Tico keeper making it look like Donovan took a full kick to his face when the replay clearly shows Donovan pulled up and barely tapped him. Yet he lies there in agony trying to draw the foul.

Was so happy to see a yellow thrown for the blantant Tico dive in te first half. Lmao!

We have a golden opportunity to bury El-Tri next week, and we better do it. Hopefully this was a wake-up call. It's going to be an ugly fist fight without Altidore and Besler anyway, but if Bradley is out, ugh.

Last edited:
these types of matches are the crappy side of concacaf vs uefa- certainly the comp is weaker but the gamesmanship and venues are garbage. wish we would have dropped the ticos 4-0 in the snow now

http://deadspin.com/this-dive-is-why-matt-besler-is-suspended-for-the-mexic-1277700676

I mean...A WORLD CUP SPOT IS ON THE LINE.
This ref should never been given a match in international play again. Ever. Even friendlys
Yup. And soccer should simply allow retroactive changes to discipline like every other sport in the world. The yellow card should be flipped to the flopper. I hate the illegitimate parts to a sport that I've started to fall in love with in the last couple years