US @ Costa Rica 6 Sep World Cup Qualifier | Syracusefan.com

US @ Costa Rica 6 Sep World Cup Qualifier

LPOrange

2nd String
It's time to talk about this game.

Jozy has been cleared by US medical staff. He didn't play on Saturday for Sunderland for a hamstring injury. Evans is out at right back due to injury.

The game is not being played in Saprissa Stadium where the Ticos have a huge homefield advantage. There was a womens tournament hosted in Costa Rica and that $#!7hole didn't pass FIFA inspection. Haha. They were unable to fix it on time so the game had to be moved to the Estadio Nacional, which is surrounded by a track oval so the crowd won't be on top of our players throwing bags of urine on them.

The US will mathematically clinch a berth in the World Cup with 4 points out of our next 2 games (@ Costa Rico and Mexico in Columbus, OH). I think Jurgen wants to win in Costa Rica to get it over with AND because it's never been done by the US in qualifying before. This will be our best opportunity to break through.

Even though ESPN likes to say we are playing a 4-2-3-1, Jurgen actually starts out games in a 4-4-1-1. We have lots of guys carrying yellow cards, but I really think Jurgen wants to go for the win there.

Here's my starting XI

Jozy

Dempsey

F Johnson - J. Jones - Bradley - Donovan (over Zussi)

Beasely - Gonzo - Besler - Cameron (over Parkhurst)

Howard

Trying to find a local establishment in the Syracuse area that will be showing the game as I don't get BeIn and would rather not stream it. Any suggestions? Kitty's and Rosies are the obvious choices.

Kitty Hoyne's is soccer friendly. The management of J Ryan's is, too, but the patrons I'm not so sure.

Worth noting that the 2-0, #17 SU men open ACC play at VaTech at 7:30 tonight. This will be SU's first official ACC game ever in any sport. It won't be televised but live stats are available at SUAthletics.com.

It's on BeIn Sports which is 417 here in Suracuse. Coverage starts at 9:30, game @ 10

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - http://tapatalk.com/m/

Sounds like one of those "sign up for one game and then cancel" upgrades to my cable bill.

With TW sign up for their sports package today and cancel Sun morning. You get soccer 417, plus the Sat Football game 382 for a few bucks

Damn it! Klinnsman owes me $8.99. I purchase the game and find out the US is already down 2-0 12 minutes in. Team looks like crap. Bradley sprained his ankle in warm-ups and no Altidore. You're telling me the US can't possess without Bradley? Sheesh.

Why is it so hard to win in Costa Rica?

We're one amazing save from being within one, though. That's a positive I guess.

well if we can manage an equalizer and come away with a point that oughta be a good amount of piss in the ticos wheaties... either way things started to swing later there hopefully we can be on the ball and in full attack mode coming out of ht