US Gold Cup Roster announced | Syracusefan.com

US Gold Cup Roster announced

Alsacs

Living Legend
Gold Cup roster

Bocanegra is getting completed phased good career for 2010 World Cup Captain. Donovan is being given a chance to earn his spot on 2014 World Cup starting roster assuming we finish qualifying which we should.

I like that CONCACAF made all the Gold Cup matter now. This 2013 edition's winner will play the 2015 winner for the Confed Cup berth now.

As much as I love Bocanegra, it makes complete sense to phase him out. The dude is 34, and will be 36 at the next World Cup. That's just too old for this level. Hell, not even David Beckham could compete at the level required for the last World Cup.

I'm also thrilled that Donovan is being given a chance to earn his way back. We need him, if only for his experience and occasional world class skill.

I'm definitely surprised that Gooch made the cut, however. FURIOUS that Beckerman made it. Disappointed Bradley, Jozy, and Deuce won't be there, but as ESPN noted, Klinsmann bypassed most European based players for the Gold Cup.

As much as I love Bocanegra, it makes complete sense to phase him out. The dude is 34, and will be 36 at the next World Cup. That's just too old for this level. Hell, not even David Beckham could compete at the level required for the last World Cup.

I'm also thrilled that Donovan is being given a chance to earn his way back. We need him, if only for his experience and occasional world class skill.

I'm definitely surprised that Gooch made the cut, however. FURIOUS that Beckerman made it. Disappointed Bradley, Jozy, and Deuce won't be there, but as ESPN noted, Klinsmann bypassed most European based players for the Gold Cup.
Oh Beckerman is my least liked USMNT player that gets significant run, but I am okay with no Bradley, Jozy, Dempsey, or Howard as they need a summer vacation after the WC Qualifers and Mexico and all the other CONCACAF WCQ countries are giving most of their stars the GC off. The US is using mainly MLS players which is smart since they will be fit. If this was the old edition the USA would only take the Gold Cup with Confed Cup berth seriously, but now that CONCACAF made it so the winners will play it gives the USA incentive to win this one and bank on atleast a playoff for the 2017 Confed Cup in Russia.

6,000 tees and counting!
Boom!

They looked gooood tonight! Lots of high-quality play out there. The only one who looked shaky was Rimando.

Holden and Diskerud should be on the roster for Brazil if they keep playing like that, and Beasley has been hustling his ass off since being called back to the MNT.

I'm going to take back some of the things I've said about Jurgen.