us open | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

us open

Brooks Koepka is amazing. This is the best major run in the past 40 years, other than Tiger's 4 consecutive majors in 2000-2001.

I still don't understand how he does not do better in regular events.
I watched him a bit at the Canadian Open. He didn’t seem to really care at all so idk if that’s it but yah.

FOX is getting roasted on twitter for their coverage but also has some supporters. I personally am not a fan of their coverage, especially with no follow up after Adam Scott put it behind a fence or wherever he ended up.

When Koepka hit that shot on #2 and the announcer said that it would have been OB during the Pro-Am, but not this week, we never got an update. Did he get a free drop? Or did it end up where he hit it from? Looked like it was bouncing down a cart path the last I saw. Would've been nice to know what happened.

When Koepka hit that shot on #2 and the announcer said that it would have been OB during the Pro-Am, but not this week, we never got an update. Did he get a free drop? Or did it end up where he hit it from? Looked like it was bouncing down a cart path the last I saw. Would've been nice to know what happened.
I know. No excuse for them not showing every shot from the leaders, especially if they are in no man's land.

Very impressive. Woodland just flat out won it. I like it that way as opposed to someone losing the tournament. That 3 on 17 was darn impressive.

Didn't realize that he actually plays with Wilson Staff irons. Didn't realize they were still making them. They were a great stick at one time. Great looking.
Winner's Bag: Gary Woodland's clubs at the U.S. Open - Golf Digest

Sadly it may be awhile for Pebble Beach to get another US Open.
The USGA hates its when this many players get under par and the winning score is -13.

Just like Rory basically took Congressional out of the rotation by his 2011 performance.

They have very selective use of shottracer as well, and they don't need to show the leaderboard after every single shot.

I actually like that feature. I enjoy watching golf, but I am always doing something else at the same time. So I know when I look up a leaderboard will be there.

the xtra coverage on directv is nice.. 3 extra views all day long and tons of shots never shown on the main coverage.

Sadly it may be awhile for Pebble Beach to get another US Open.
The USGA hates its when this many players get under par and the winning score is -13.

Just like Rory basically took Congressional out of the rotation by his 2011 performance.

I'm glad that Brooks didn't win but the Brooks major run is not over - 6 top 2s in the last 9 majors he has played - wow. His ability to get pars out of the thick rough was impressive - maybe one of his magical keys to winning majors.

Gary Woodland! I remember taking heat around parts extant last year when I said I thought he was on the verge of breaking through. But what do I know? :D

Congrats on a job well done.

I can do without the get in the hole cheers on the tee shot. It's beyond annoying.

Some f-ing idiot even yelled "Yabba dabba doo!" after one tee shot, Rory or Tiger or BK. Really? And of course the "Mashed Potatoes" idiot was out there as well. Then the dumfux go home and brag "Did you hear me?" to their equally dumphuck buddies in the pub. Jeebus.

Some f-ing idiot even yelled "Yabba dabba doo!" after one tee shot, Rory or Tiger or BK. Really? And of course the "Mashed Potatoes" idiot was out there as well. Then the dumfux go home and brag "Did you hear me?" to their equally dumphuck buddies in the pub. Jeebus.

For me personally it makes it unwatchable. Couple it with Joe Buck who can never shut up and I end up muting the TV for most of the broadcast.

Last edited:
Journeymen don't have 4 wins and 10 runner-ups by the time they were 35.

If you have 4 tier of players on tour he would be in that second tier, a tier above journeyman in my view

You have your stars / superstars - Tiger, DJ, Koepka, Phil, Spieth, Mcilroy.

Good Players - Using a Canadian example, Mike Weir would be at the top of this class. He was possibly a star for a 2 or 3 year period around 2003. These guys can contend for a major from time to time.

Journeyman - (David Hearn). Guy has contended for a few victories on tour, has been as high as 90 on in the world rankings, and generally has had a Tour Card for 10 years with no real threat of ever being a major contender to even make the tour championship.

PGA Tour / Web Tour up and downers - Every year it is a question whether these players will retain their cards.

I see Gary Woodland as second tier (as of now). Similar to a Bill Haas, Jason Dufner, Stewart Cink, Charl Schwartzel.

There have been journeyman who have won majors.. but I am trying to think of the last one. It was more common in the 2000's:
- Todd Hamilton
- Ben Curtis
- Shaun Micheel
- Y.E Yang

I thought Fox did a much better job then now then at first. Less Crap thrown at the wall. Experienced analysts in Azinger/Strange. Still much room for improvement.

I am sure some meatheads will say they miss Holly Sonders, but seeing her doing interviews which the main feature was highlighting her fake T&A, and less the golfer himself, was cringe.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom