us open | Syracusefan.com

us open

upperdeck

Living Legend
well the USGA was so worried about bad press that they eased up on the course a ton.. almost as many 66s in one round as combined over the last 3 times a Pebble..

The USGA has a history of making the Open courses so difficult it's not fun to watch. The course will be soft today from the rain, so there should be some good numbers. :)

I guess too small a % of fans enjoy carnage. I want blood!

i never got the issue thats been reported that its too hard to play so its no fun to watch.. i want to golfers make good shots and/or i want to see the golfers i want to see do well stay in contention.

watching golfers hit good shots that dont get rewarded doesnt bother me all that much.. there are spots on every golf course where that happens. if you speeded up the greens here to PGA speeds many of the local shots would face the same issue.

watching guys use this new tech to bomb it 330 in the air and then hit wedges for birdie every hole isnt all that much fun to watch either.

i never got the issue thats been reported that its too hard to play so its no fun to watch.. i want to golfers make good shots and/or i want to see the golfers i want to see do well stay in contention.

watching golfers hit good shots that dont get rewarded doesnt bother me all that much.. there are spots on every golf course where that happens. if you speeded up the greens here to PGA speeds many of the local shots would face the same issue.

watching guys use this new tech to bomb it 330 in the air and then hit wedges for birdie every hole isnt all that much fun to watch either.

No. 9 is a 525 yard par 4 today. At sea level. :D

well the USGA was so worried about bad press that they eased up on the course a ton.. almost as many 66s in one round as combined over the last 3 times a Pebble..

It’s fine. They managed for average weather to try to prevent becoming a putt putt luck picks the winner clown show.

It’s been on the damp overcast side so the normal risk they were managing didn’t occur

This is a millions times better than losing the course

It’s fine. They managed for average weather to try to prevent becoming a putt putt luck picks the winner clown show.

It’s been on the damp overcast side so the normal risk they were managing didn’t occur

This is a millions times better than losing the course

Indeed. I'll never forget the Shinnecock Hills disaster in '04, when the final-round scoring average was an outrageous 78.7.

Indeed. I'll never forget the Shinnecock Hills disaster in '04, when the final-round scoring average was an outrageous 78.7.

Exactly. I wouldn't mind if guys weren't going quite as low as they are now but I'd much prefer this than seeing it so tough that it's like watching everyday amateurs trying to play at the local course.

I hope an American wins but I think Rose takes it today.

I like oosthuizen surprising from 4 back. Like Koepka he plays his best in majors.

Even when he's not playing well, I can't recall Tiger playing an 'I don't give a bleep' round before.

But he sure is today.

Koepka hit a 7 iron on that par 3 like as far I would hit a 3 iron off the tee or 5 wood from the green.
That is nuts how easy he swings. I don’t completely suck either. That dude is a machine.

Brooks Koepka is amazing. This is the best major run in the past 40 years, other than Tiger's 4 consecutive majors in 2000-2001.

I still don't understand how he does not do better in regular events.

Brooks Koepka is amazing. This is the best major run in the past 40 years, other than Tiger's 4 consecutive majors in 2000-2001.

I still don't understand how he does not do better in regular events.

It really is amazing how stupid good he is in the majors compared to regular events.

This is entertaining stuff, but it is no different than the Pebble Beach Pro-Am in February... except for a better field and no annoying celebrities.

Just don't give me a parking lot like Chambers Bay and do give me a good leader board, as we have today. Also a golf course that interesting to look at and this one is a '10'.

FOX is getting roasted on twitter for their coverage but also has some supporters. I personally am not a fan of their coverage, especially with no follow up after Adam Scott put it behind a fence or wherever he ended up.

FOX is getting roasted on twitter for their coverage but also has some supporters. I personally am not a fan of their coverage, especially with no follow up after Adam Scott put it behind a fence or wherever he ended up.

They have very selective use of shottracer as well, and they don't need to show the leaderboard after every single shot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom