US Open | Syracusefan.com

US Open

Oakland

2022 Iggy Winner: ACC Record
Why is the crowd pro-Wawrinka??? Djokovic is a 3 time champ. NY loves champions; I don't get it. I like Stan but when did he become Mr. Lovable?

NYC still remembers Novak trashing the crowd after he beat Andy Roderick in 2008. He got on the mic after and said some butthurt things. Tennis fans have good memories. Admittedly, that’s one of the reasons I’ve always been ill-faced to Novak even though he’s a top all time player. He reeks of entitlement.

Here’s to hoping my boy Monfils can cause damage now that there’s been a slew of
Upsets.

NYC still remembers Novak trashing the crowd after he beat Andy Roderick in 2008. He got on the mic after and said some butthurt things. Tennis fans have good memories. Admittedly, that’s one of the reasons I’ve always been ill-faced to Novak even though he’s a top all time player. He reeks of entitlement.

Here’s to hoping my boy Monfils can cause damage now that there’s been a slew of
Upsets.

Sonnary loves the Monfils, he'll be her new favorite once Federer retires I think.

We might hit this next year, you gonna be around?

Upsets.
Rodick.

Now that Joker is out, feeling like a Fed/Nadal Final to me...
Nadal has had an easy path thus far and is looking sharp, quick, healthy and fit.

Nadal has had an easy path thus far and is looking sharp, quick, healthy and fit.
I love to watch Nadal play. The other 2 are obviously All Time Greats as well, but Rafa just seems to try harder.
This really is a golden age for men's tennis, with these 3 playing so well, for so long.

Sad to see Fed go down. I like Dimitrov. If you put his strokes side by side, he literally used Fed’s strokes as a mirror when he was developing.

I want fed to get one more and call it up. He’s starting to lose a step, which in tennis, makes it really hard to compete in a two week slam.

I would say it’s Nadals to lose. Medvedev would be my #2 (which would be comedy gold in a presser on court after winning). Monfils/Nadal in the semis would be a fun match to watch. Two players with extreme athleticism. I was at the semi match in 2013 when Monf lost to Fed in an epic 5 setter.

What a great tournament so far!

Thanks, I guess that explains it, but still surprised that winning 3 US Open titles has wiped away a lot of that.

Also Roddick comes off as a sore loser and quite the jerk in this SI write up:

I thought it might be that Djokovic has kicked fan favorites Fed and Nadal for the last 10 years and they don't like it.

Upsets.

Nadal's draws in the last two majors are absurdly in his favor: Nadal gets Fed in his bracket in the French while #1 Djokovic gets Thiem and A Zverev - and Nadal plays first so that he would have more rest than Djokovic if they did make it to the final. Then Nadal get Thiem at the US Open while #1 Djokovic gets Fed and Medvedev.

First ever win by a Canadian at a major.

Thought it would be a walkover, but Serena made a valiant comeback to the point that I saw Bianca losing it.

Going from serving for match point at 5-1 to Serena getting it back to 5-5 was gutsy, Great match.

No, 2 of the big 3 were injured, and Med didn't win.
Congrats Rafa on # 19...
Great match.
A quasi passing of torch from Big 3?
Medvedev almost there...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online