USA Today does NOT have Lydon as 1st round pick. | Syracusefan.com

USA Today does NOT have Lydon as 1st round pick.

SBU72

All Conference
I don't know if this is old news or not but the Rochester sports section has 2 pages of USA Today sports. This morning's page has an article going over NBA teams and 1st round picks. Lydon is not among them. Real news or Fake news?

I don't know if this is old news or not but the Rochester sports section has 2 pages of USA Today sports. This morning's page has an article going over NBA teams and 1st round picks. Lydon is not among them. Real news or Fake news?
The fact that the "McPaper" doesn't have TL in the 1st round is a good sign for Tyler...

I know its not the popular take here, and I still think he will go in the first round, but he is no lock to be a first round pick.

No matter where Lydon goes he made the right decision.

He is going to get paid to play basketball starting next season.

He would have been paid to play bball next year also.

what's next years draft looking like? better, worse, or similar? My understanding has been that this is a stacked draft in terms of depth

Who cares? They are guessing. No different than your guess.

No matter where Lydon goes he made the right decision.

Not 100% true. I'm not anti-leaving early, and I don't really have a strong opinion on him leaving or not, but just because you're going to get paid to play basketball next season doesn't necessarily make it the right decision. There are all different levels of being paid.

I get that nothing is set in stone and there are tons of variables at play, but just because you are going to get paid now doesn't mean that you wouldn't get paid more at a later date. Risk versus reward I suppose. Like the co-founder of a start-up company cashing out early for the guaranteed money and then watching his partners make hundred of millions of dollars when the company takes off.

I know its not the popular take here, and I still think he will go in the first round, but he is no lock to be a first round pick.

I'll put up $1000 just to win $10. He is an absolute 100% lock. Move on.

what's next years draft looking like? better, worse, or similar? My understanding has been that this is a stacked draft in terms of depth

Next year's is considered to be much weaker. 3 or 4 really good prospects at the top and then basically nothing. Guys that were projected to go around #15 this year are being pegged in the 5-7 range of next year's class.

But this stuff can change pretty quick. You never really know until the high schoolers hit college.

that is a terrible bet. upside..you win ten bucks. yeah..wooo...downside...ouch

You got me. I don't gamble everyday, and have no clue about value. This was an offer for Brian anyway. He's hoping Lydon isn't 1st round so he can be vindicated. I can't wait until the Draft, and seeing Lydon pop up around 20.

You got me. I don't gamble everyday, and have no clue about value. This was an offer for Brian anyway. He's hoping Lydon isn't 1st round so he can be vindicated. I can't wait until the Draft, and seeing Lydon pop up around 20.

I wouldn't touch that, because I think he could go anywhere from like 17th to the 2nd round, the point is to say he is a first round lock is not accurate by any means.

I wouldn't touch that, because I think he could go anywhere from like 17th to the 2nd round, the point is to say he is a first round lock is not accurate by any means.
I'm willing to bet some or all of your money that he going 1st round...:)

Good luck with that, there isn't much to bet.
That other guy was giving you 100-1 on Lydon missing the first round. Even I would get down on that proposition if I could.

That other guy was giving you 100-1 on Lydon missing the first round. Even I would get down on that proposition if I could.

If I had anything to bet right now I would ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom