USA Today posts NCAA Tournament coaches' salaries: Jim Boeheim earns | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

USA Today posts NCAA Tournament coaches' salaries: Jim Boeheim earns

Dude, what are you even trying to say?

I don't think you have a handle on what you're trying to say. You're saying that high school players are forced into slavery by playing basketball without massive monetary compensation.

You're clearly wrong, as you brought up Brandon Jennings yourself.

Also, it appears you're saying getting paid millions of dollars to play basketball in any number of gorgeous countries (australia, turkey, france, UK) is something nobody should ever have to go through. Comically asinine.

I feel like you don't understand what plight means. Or what slavery means. Or choice.

I don't think you have a handle on what you're trying to say. You're saying that high school players are forced into slavery by playing basketball without massive monetary compensation.

You're clearly wrong, as you brought up Brandon Jennings yourself.

Also, it appears you're saying getting paid millions of dollars to play basketball in any number of gorgeous countries (australia, turkey, france, UK) is something nobody should ever have to go through. Comically asinine.

I feel like you don't understand what plight means. Or what slavery means. Or choice.

Not even close to anything I've said. I'm going to sleep. Have fun with your straw man.

In baseball, you can go pro out of high school or go to college for a minimum of 3 seasons. At least they give you a choice. The NBA and NFL give you no choice.

Jadeveon Clowney could have played in the NFL after his freshman season. He is not maximizing his earning potential by staying at South Carolina. That's why analysts talked about him sitting out this year to avoid injury. He would be a first round pick right now, but he has to spend another year at South Carolina, making them millions from his jersey sales, ticket sales to watch him play, etc. Is that a free market?

Man, if Johnny Football's Heisman season was worth $100 million to Texas Tech, imagine how much it was worth to Texas A&M!

I'd be curious to see what they get from endorsements, camps, speaking engagements, etc.

Wonder what Coach K got for coaching the Olympics? Or JB, for that matter.
as far as the Olympics go...i think they got all expenses paid trips to beijiing and london...and the ability to look at the players medals and say 'i helped him get that'. for they dont get one.

Oh Lord