USA v. Honduras thread | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

USA v. Honduras thread

The only downside to this game is that we now have to wait until September for the next qualifier. Wish they had another next week with the way these guys are playing.

Not the prettiest win, but we will take it. 13 points with two matches left. We're pretty much booked for the World Cup, which is awesome considering how poorly we started out this qualifying run.

some of the possession play tonight late in the 2nd half was just wonderful. Jozy is really becoming a beast of a cf. This might be the best us squad ever the way things are going.. who thought we would be plus five on mexico at this point ? love it!

3-0 in the summer. All 9 points. Just remember in the fall (I hope) the starting XI will add Landon Donovan and be even more potent.

EDIT: Also Steve Cherundolo or Timmy Chandler at right back over Brad Evans.

Thanks for the thread. I was unable to watch the game last night but cheered just the same when I got to the post saying Jozy scored. Great win. Now we can sit and watch Mexico sweat it out. :)

If Landon Donovan becomes fit he takes Zusi's spot correct?

At this point I wonder if Klinnsman will keep Zusi around even when Donovan comes back. His playmaking has been key this summer. While he at times makes his share of mistakes- I can't see Klinnsman swapping Donovan for Zusi. Not sure who Donovan might replace but I hope its not Zusi.

At this point I wonder if Klinnsman will keep Zusi around even when Donovan comes back. His playmaking has been key this summer. While he at times makes his share of mistakes- I can't see Klinnsman swapping Donovan for Zusi. Not sure who Donovan might replace but I hope its not Zusi.
Zusi has played well since the Guatemala game last year in KC, but Landon Donovan is the greatest player in USMNT history. I thinking the formation for the first WC match in Brazil will be
Altidore​
Eddie Johnson, Dempsey, Donovan​
Bradley, Jones​
Fabian Johnson, Beisler, Gonzalez, ?? spot Evans/Beasley/Cameron​
Howard​

Zusi has played well since the Guatemala game last year in KC, but Landon Donovan is the greatest player in USMNT history. I thinking the formation for the first WC match in Brazil will be
Altidore​
Bradley, Jones​
Howard​

I certainly have no disagreements with Donovan being on the team. Just thinking having Zusi as insurance for the WV can't hurt right?

I certainly have no disagreements with Donovan being on the team. Just thinking having Zusi as insurance for the WV can't hurt right?
I think he is a lock for the 23 man roster. No disagreements there and having more depth which the USA is creating under JK helps out. I still remember the 2 goals from Connor Casey in Honduras 4 years ago. The more depth the USA has the better chances it can qualify easily and have a run in Brazil. The USA struggled last round with Guatemala, Jamaica, Antigua and Barbuda. Thankfully, the HEX has been easier though.

Altidore​
Bradley, Jones​
Howard​

I don't think Eddie Johnson will be starting in the World Cup. He is very fast but ultimately he's CONCACAF quality. Donovan/Zusi will start on the wing. Or perhaps Brek Shea if he can establish himself as a contributor at Stoke City this season. Fabian Johnson has to play left back but he's great in midfield.

Altidore
Zusi-Dempsey-Donovan
Bradley-Jones (even though Cameron lets Bradley push up)
Johnson-Besler-Gonzalez-Cherundolo/Chandler
Howard