USC and UCLA to the Big Ten | Page 70 | Syracusefan.com

USC and UCLA to the Big Ten

I would rather see John project some confidence or reassurance that SU will be able to weather this turmoil. I’m not liking that air of resignation. That’s not what leaders are paid to do. Yes there may only be so much within the university’s control, and behind the scenes admit as much, but publicly tell the fans something more optimistic so we can perhaps sleep a little better at night.
I couldn't agree more.

Your syntax needs work.
deflect, deflect, deflect! Thats all u got. #1 is was driving & using the mic on my phone so im on my laptop now, whats up?? Im happy to bury you in any topic thats RELAVANT to whats going on now???

deflect, deflect, deflect! Thats all u got. #1 is was driving & using the mic on my phone so im on my laptop now, whats up?? Im happy to bury you in any topic thats RELAVANT to whats going on now???
what are you playing hockey?

The remaining PAC12 schools can either remain in a decimated pac12, partly controlled by Fox, join the B12, partly controlled by Fox, join the B1G, partly controlled by Fox, or join the ACC, and come completely under the ESPN umbrella.

Don’t see the SEC adding any PAC12 schools. So if ESPN wants to lock up any of the remaining PAC12 schools, it needs to happen with the ACC.

Though it should be noted that they could just wait and sign the PAC12 to a new contract. Thought I read that Fox has already said they have no interest in re-signing the other PAC12 schools (and CBS has no interest as well).

If they wait, they can get the PAC12 schools a lot cheaper. So that is probably what they will do. Unless they are worried about some streaming service snapping them up.
I think you are right , but I think that is where the talk of adding the pac 10 onto acc network could be of good use to all 3 parties by giving us additional money right now, espn getting additional money from cable companies and giving the pac 12 a little bit while negotiating towards that 2024 pac espn deal

Wildhack is definitely not just standing around watching. These discussions and maneuvers don't occur in the public sphere, and aren't publicized until they are finished... if ever.
See... thats what im talking about! I wasn't talking about SU or Wildhack at all. I was simply referring to the ACC tatics!! Their doing nothing and that is not the right strategy whatsoever!
The ACC commish specifically! Its time to be proactive! Not just sitting on his hands waiting for someone to test the GOR waters

See... thats what im talking about! I wasn't talking about SU or Wildhack at all. I was simply referring to the ACC tatics!! Their doing nothing and that is not the right strategy whatsoever!
The ACC commish specifically! Its time to be proactive! Not just sitting on his hands waiting for someone to test the GOR waters
Wrong, wrong, and more wrong. It is what you're talking about, actually.

Also, please proofread before posting. This is barely recognizable as English.

For me, the more I think about this, the more I think it's a giant miscalculation.

Some board room somewhere: "Really, how many Syracuse fans only watch Syracuse games? We know based on our data that they watch B1G and SEC games too"

Meanwhile, Syracuse only really care even a little about those leagues because we're in the same P5. It's only slightly interesting because we're both in the same bucket. If they breakaway, become semi-pro and we don't inhabit the same universe? Those conferences will have successfully cut themselves out of my yearly consumption of football.

This is exactly how I feel.

They don’t need to add more because they are at the 16 for a 4x16.

I would love that end result but that feels like what the plan would be if there was a centralized leadership of college football architecting this. Because there isn’t, this just feels like land grabs by groups competing against each other. If the B1G could make more money at 18 or 20 why would they stop at 16? That might be the organic stopping point where available schools don’t add to the pie, but I would be shocked if it worked out that neatly.

Is this such a bad conference if UNC UVA CLEMSON FSU exit for the SEC?? Personally, I like it

ACC
Boston College
Syracuse
Pittsburgh
West Virginia
Miami

Virginia Tech
NC State
Wake Forest
Georgia Tech
UCF

Cincinnati
Louisville
Kansas
TCU
Baylor
Yes, it is a bad conference.

Wrong, wrong, and more wrong. It is what you're talking about, actually.

Also, please proofread before posting. This is barely recognizable as English.
Yea whatever, is this english? Is this a quiz? Wow, make a freaking point already!
I have been talking about the ACC or lack there of. In terms of what they have been doing.
Thats my topic genius!
well??????

Yea whatever, is this english? Is this a quiz? Wow, make a freaking point already!
I have been talking about the ACC or lack there of. In terms of what they have been doing.
Thats my topic genius!
well??????
Say something thats worth responding too because you are getting very boring & tiresome

OK, here's my crazy "hail mary pass" for the ACC to remain a power with the B1G and SEC. Go out and get USC, UCLA, TX, and OK to renege on their commitments and join the ACC instead. It would have to be all 4. I'd imagine those 4 coming to the ACC would put it on par with the other 2 conferences so they should be able to make the similar money. Obviously, you'd have to get ESPN to agree. Find a way so they could make more. I also think USC and UCLA would be a much better cultural fit in the ACC, are these schools even excited about joining the B1G? Notre Dame would be love to have USC and Texas in the ACC I'm sure. The ACC might even be able to get another game from them. Getting TX and OU would be the part which probably is impossible, maybe a sweetheart deal somewhere, somehow.

Who would you find that checks both boxes?

A. Adds incremental value per school

B. Would be willing to sign onto that GOR through 2036
Nobody lol

How do you know what the ACC is doing and planning? Do you know if they are talking to the p12? The b12? Individual teams? No you don’t. For them or any AD to disclose anything they are doing would torpedo any plans they may have.

Is this such a bad conference if UNC UVA CLEMSON FSU exit for the SEC?? Personally, I like it

ACC
Boston College
Syracuse
Pittsburgh
West Virginia
Miami

Virginia Tech
NC State
Wake Forest
Georgia Tech
UCF

Cincinnati
Louisville
Kansas
TCU
Baylor

No it’s not a bad conference at all.

No it’s not a bad conference at all.
Think i like this version better, assuming BIG and SEC expand to 20 and ND finally joining a conference.

Coastal Conference
- Atlantic Division

Boston College
Syracuse
Pittsburgh
Louisville
Virginia Tech
NC State
Wake Forest
Georgia Tech
UCF
Miami
- Pacific Division
California
Arizona
Arizona St
Oregon St
Washington St
Utah
Colorado
Kansas
Oklahoma St
Houston

The conference is fine, but could be 40M a year behind. The ACC cant sit still and needs to grab 4-6 teams ASAP to stay alive asleep at the wheel. Add Baylor, KU, Oregon, WU, ASU, AZ create a west coast pod with cross over games. Would hands down be best BB conference and serious in football.

This thread used to make me sad; but now I’m starting to enjoy it. It is like reading a Dan Brown novel. One post the ACC is doomed. The next, the ACC is ok in the short term; but is dead in the long term. You also can change ACC and put in Syracuse. We have visitors from other schools playing with us like a cat plays with a mouse. Knowing whatever happens to us, it doesn’t apply to them because they have a place to land. (Sorry if this offends Hoos and gbo, I do generally enjoy your posts.). I am starting to enjoy opening this thread to see how the plot will change next. On second thought, maybe it is more As The World Turns than Dan Brown.

Thats my topic genius!
well??????

There is one school that can add value. That’s it that’s the list.

Other schools have been rebuffed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom