USC and UCLA to the Big Ten | Page 56 | Syracusefan.com

USC and UCLA to the Big Ten

still missing the point.

you want the GOR because...why?

i say its antiquated and useless.

uznip it, open it up...see what people got. then tell them their exit fee.

if you prefer doing business by holding a gun to their heads and yelling...youre going nowhere without giving me all your money 1st!!!...then i am wrong and welcome to the good side.

i just dont think thats good business.

and the GOR works as well as a rowboat in a naval battle.

if anyone wants out of the ACC, theyre leaving and i bet a single penny wont be paid to a GOR.

and if there is, it will be so small no one will care and the smart world will laugh at whomever takes its...pettyness.
Does this legal theory extend to all contract law?

I assure you I don’t have rose-colored glasses on, but I do believe there is value in the NE if there is a counter by the SEC or another raid by the B10 that effectively kills off the ACC.

I assure you I don’t have rose-colored glasses on, but I do believe there is value in the NE if there is a counter by the SEC or another raid by the B10 that effectively kills off the ACC.

ESPN is in CT, all the major networks are in NY. I doubt there will be a world where there is just Rutgers representing tri state and New England.

Somehow BC UConn and Syracuse need to be part of a new world order for hoops and football.

ESPN is in CT, all the major networks are in NY. I doubt there will be a world where there is just Rutgers representing tri state and New England.

Somehow BC UConn and Syracuse need to be part of a new world order for hoops and football.
BC has 0.0% chance of getting a bid, maybe 0.1.

If this rumor has legs - and if UNC/UVA have the means to get out of the GOR - then I think the B1G swoops in and makes a play. I think that’s the preferred destination anyway.

SEC winds up with VPI and NC St. And I still don’t see them going against Florida and adding FSU. If they do, though, Miami will wind up going B1G.
SEC has representation by two schools in so many states. I don’t see how another FLA school
Is going to be a problem for them.

SEC has representation by two schools in so many states. I don’t see how another FLA school
SEC will protect their markets, that;s why they are floating taking Miami as well as FSU. They want Florida to be an SEC stronghold.

Oregon and Washington must be seriously ticked that the B1G took USC and UCLA and is letting them hang.

California was admitted to the union in 1850. They kept Washington hanging for another 40 years. They're used to it.

Both the SEC and B1G have avoided doubling up since they started adding more teams 10 years ago. They realized it doesn’t add value to have multiple teams from the same state. Obviously there will be exceptions for premium brands, like Texas and USC/UCLA, and eventually ND and Clemson.

The schools themselves don’t like doubling up either. Texas A&M is not happy about Texas, but they don’t have any pull. Different story with Florida.

The B1G. Cornering the market on bankrupt athletic departments since 2013.

;)
I've read the thread but don't recall if this was answered definitively. The B10 model depended on the network getting into new states and automatically billing all the cable customers in that state. (It's a very "state school" way of doing things - growth through pseudo-taxation!) What is the status of NY state in that regard?

The Big 12 is proving a bit more nimble than they were being given credit for. A few weeks ago they were written off as dead in the water and now they seem to be positioning themselves as a solid 3rd league.

To me this is like watching a D-Day movie when everyone keeps shouting "the only way to survive is get off this beach". The beach is not stable and the ACC needs to get moving.

I've read the thread but don't recall if this was answered definitively. The B10 model depended on the network getting into new states and automatically billing all the cable customers in that state. (It's a very "state school" way of doing things - growth through pseudo-taxation!) What is the status of NY state in that regard?
I think the B1G is on base packages on most NYC cable systems but not the rest of the state. I know it is not on the base package for Spectrum in CNY.

The Big 12 is proving a bit more nimble than they were being given credit for. A few weeks ago they were written off as dead in the water and now they seem to be positioning themselves as a solid 3rd league.

To me this is like watching a D-Day movie when everyone keeps shouting "the only way to survive is get off this beach". The beach is not stable and the ACC needs to get moving.
Their planning and decision making isn't controlled by Fox or ESPN. If they can put together their 18 team conference and get a third party to pay them big bucks, it would rock the boat.

Last edited:
I think the B1G is on base packages on most NYC cable systems but not the rest of the state. I know it is not on the base package for Spectrum in CNY.
How do cord cutters factor into this? I have to believe the cable box is also going the way of the dodo. I believe there are still network deals with service providers (I got YouTube TV because of access to the ACC Network) but shouldn't my ability to pick and choose, no matter where I live make it more about the product than the cable boxes?

Perhaps Jim Phillips is not a wartime consigliere? Is he Tom Hagen?

BC has 0.0% chance of getting a bid, maybe 0.1.
I have a hard time believing the 7-8th largest television market won't have any type of local team represented when the dust settles. It almost is illogical to think the amt of eyeballs in the Boston area will be completely left out. The counter is the NFL wasn't in LA for a few decades so what do I know.

I think the Big East needs to restore itself voltron style. I've been saying it for a while. The Big East moves the basketball needle and the football will be a landing spot. If we're being underwritten by the schools looking to leave anyway, no one is going to continue to underwrite programs that aren't wanted

AND YES, i know those two paragraphs contradict themselves to some extent but this whole exercise is a hyprocrisy

Come for realignment. Stay for American history.
Another thought. ACC add Navy, Colorado, Stanford, Cal. Two Notre Dame regulars. Give ND something to think about.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom