USF opens -12.5 over SU | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

USF opens -12.5 over SU

Nick44 said:
There are two schools of thought when a new coach arrives. Does the coach fit the players he inherits into his system, or does he utilize a system that best fit what he has until his recruits eventually arrive? Dino clearly fits into the first category. Interestingly, it seemed as if Marrone fell into the 2nd category. Neither is wrong IMO. Offensively, Dino's conversion to his system immediately has worked so far. However, defensively has not had the same results yet. I know it's early but I can't help but notice that when you have a LB Corp full of blitzers, you best find a way to get them going after the QB. If the strength of your DL is your interior, you have to overprotect the outside so that runners are forced to run through the center. Time will tell but I think there is opportunity for immediate improvement defensively.

I feel like with Marrone tons of things got instantly cleaned up and fixed - but we lacked an offensive identity. By the time they found one he left.

The Babers way may be slower, but there is more of a method to it. And I think the long term outlook is brighter.

not to mention a twin of the qb that utterly ripped us last week essentially.

No, no he isn't. USF's QB is not a dark horse Heisman candidate. That's like saying "Terrell Hunt is a twin of the QB that utterly ripped us last week essentially."

I feel like with Marrone tons of things got instantly cleaned up and fixed - but we lacked an offensive identity. By the time they found one he left.

The Babers way may be slower, but there is more of a method to it. And I think the long term outlook is brighter.

Does anyone really doubt that we are doing the right thing on O though? The question is the D. Babers' first three years as a HC he had an aggressive D. The last 1.167 years he has had a passive D. I don't think he is set to a system on that side of the ball. So shouldn't we coach to the talent?

With how our defense is and if Dungey continues to have happy feet and seem lost at times with the new system I don't see this line being that crazy.

That said, I'd take Cuse and the points, think this will be a shootout. Scratch that, I'll take the over that's at 71 right now, think that's easy money right there.

With how our defense is and if Dungey continues to have happy feet and seem lost at times with the new system I don't see this line being that crazy.

That said, I'd take Cuse and the points, think this will be a shootout. Scratch that, I'll take the over that's at 71 right now, think that's easy money right there.

If Vegas had a $1 for every Joe who thought their lines were "easy money"...

But 71 does feel low.

If Vegas had a $1 for every Joe who thought their lines were "easy money"...

But 71 does feel low.

You're not wrong, but then again I felt that way looking at the O/U of Oakland basketball this past season and I made a pretty penny off of them.

This game has shootout written all over it.

Reactions: 007
HRE Otto IV said:
Does anyone really doubt that we are doing the right thing on O though? The question is the D. Babers' first three years as a HC he had an aggressive D. The last 1.167 years he has had a passive D. I don't think he is set to a system on that side of the ball. So shouldn't we coach to the talent?

I think they are to an extent. Ward is limited by the skills/size of the current players in some places so he's forced to use them in similar ways.

I don't know what Babers will do - but I do think he'll make a switch at DC if he feels it's warranted. He's not afraid of making the call.

Just took SU +14.5. So long as we don't give up 21 points in like 5 plays, I think we can keep this to a 2 TD game with our offense.
Yeah, are people really expecting we're going to get jumped on like that every game? Even if the defense plays bad still, the other team needs a lot to go right on offense.

Up to -15 at some books. Wow. Lots of early money flowing South. Public or sharp? Hmmm...

Can make a case either way. They are big, fast, deep, and talented. And have most of their squad back from last year. Throw in the fact that they are a g5 team trying to make a point against a p5 team and you can make an easy case for usf. That said, our system, dino, ED, and a loud dome crowd gives us a fighting chance. For the love of god, will people friggin show up!!!??? No fair, no Friday hs football, a perfect college fb kickoff time!!!! Only p5 team in the state with a marquee schedule, Wth! Lets go!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom