USF | Syracusefan.com

USF

OrangeMuskyFish

Starter
Not surprised how good Graham looks... VERY surprised that USF is letting Tiny Tino dictate the action... VERY VERY surprised how winded their athletes on D look.

Not surprised how good Graham looks... VERY surprised that USF is letting Tiny Tino dictate the action... VERY VERY surprised how winded their athletes on D look.

Their D hasn't been very good this year.

I think Skip shot his team in the foot by not giving the ball to Scott on that 3rd and 5 around midfield on the last drive. If he gets stuffed, fine, punt if ya really want to. If he gets a few yards, run him again on 4th. I know it was still very early, but your defense is gassed and hasn't stopped a thing.

It doesn't help that since early in the second quarter BJ Daniels wouldn't have been able to hit water if he fell out of a boat ...

Skip getting cute again... originally I predicted we would take a loss to this team, I now think we win this game again this year.

Pitt looks good on both sides of the ball. Our matchup cant get much worse from last years rampage. I hope.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk.

I think if our defense doesn't get healthy, USF can beat us. It might be anyone's game...

I think if our defense doesn't get healthy, USF can beat us. It might be anyone's game...

Sure, there is definitely talent there, we can easily be beaten even if our defense IS healthy. I just think that we will force B.J. to play like B.J. and Skip doesn't strike me as making the same in-game adjustments that Marrone does. Hopefully Pitt is giving us a bit of a blue-print.

As for Pitt, they have not held up and made plays late... if we can keep it close, that might be our biggest advantage. Let's see if USF can put up a whimper late and see if Pitt responds differently.

It doesn't help that since early in the second quarter BJ Daniels wouldn't have been able to hit water if he fell out of a boat ...

You mean Daniels isn't the most improved QB in the BE this year? Apparently you didn't hear that pronouncement from the TV booth early in the game.

Their D hasn't been very good this year.

Their D is horrible. We better have a great night against them on that November Friday.

Their D is horrible. We better have a great night against them on that November Friday.
they flat out quit. that drive was embarrasing.

#78 OL for pitt scares me. he's shoving his guy back two feet. not gonna be fun.

Well, THAT was not what Johnny M. wanted to see last night.

Pitt looks good on both sides of the ball. Our matchup cant get much worse from last years rampage. I hope.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk.
Pitt's OL took control of the game and dominated, even embarrassed the USF DL. Wow, USF was abused.

It was all the Grahams. Todd Graham outcoached Skip Holtz, Ray Graham ran over and around everyone on the USF defense and Hubie Graham looked really good at TE. Too bad GRob couldn't land him.

ESPN Story

USF is the poor man's VT of the new big east - they fatten up their record on early season cupcakes and occasionally surprise an overrated southern team and get an undeserved ranking - then they hit the conference schedule and get exposed

seems to happen every year, just as it did when VT joined the BE.

They just seem to give up at the end. We don't. I'd be refreshing to see what happens when we hold a late game lead.

USF, same thing, every year. Start out strong playing a pretty weak schedule, get ranked, tank against competitive teams. They're athletic, sure, and thats why they can put up 60pts on a 1AA with their eyes closed, but when it comes down to getting in a physical matchup, they fade, and BJ gets intimidated and doesn't perform. Every. Single. Year.

USF, same thing, every year. Start out strong playing a pretty weak schedule, get ranked, tank against competitive teams. They're athletic, sure, and thats why they can put up 60pts on a 1AA with their eyes closed, but when it comes down to getting in a physical matchup, they fade, and BJ gets intimidated and doesn't perform. Every. Single. Year.

Agree and that is why Pitt was money in the bank last night

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom