USMNT soccer team thread | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

USMNT soccer team thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who would get that is better? When you make a change you need to have a person who can do the job better.
Klinsmann needs to win this game but I wouldn't fire him if they lose as WCQ start next month. JK has worked his butt getting dual citizens into our talent pool.
Mexico has more talent than we do right now. We should have a good chance to win but I would keep JK thru next WC unless we struggle in WCQ.

U23s have been performing quite well, will be interesting to see who gets call ups.

LD said ,to paraphrhrase, JUrgy tells players if they don't perform for an extended period then they will be gone and he should hold himself to the same standard. Therefore if we we get beat by Mexico Jurgy should be feeling the heat. However Sunil has given JK a free ride in terms of team performance, one of the reasons he felt free to cut the best US player over an old grudge.

Let's never forget that Donovan bailed on his teammates in the middle of World Cup qualifying and gave no indication when or if he was coming back, as he traveled off to Thailand to bang little boys, for all we know. He is an arrogant , regardless of his talent. And he is a cry baby and poor sport. He has no business getting a media position to hold forth on a guy against whom he obviously has a big grudge.

Let's never forget that Donovan bailed on his teammates in the middle of World Cup qualifying and gave no indication when or if he was coming back, as he traveled off to Thailand to bang little boys, for all we know. He is an arrogant . . . . . , regardless of his talent. And he is a cry baby and poor sport. He has no business getting a media position to hold forth on a guy against whom he obviously has a big grudge.
What a reprehensible thing to say about anyone, whether allegedly in jest or not.

Let's never forget that Donovan bailed on his teammates in the middle of World Cup qualifying and gave no indication when or if he was coming back, as he traveled off to Thailand to bang little boys, for all we know. He is an arrogant . . . . . , regardless of his talent. And he is a cry baby and poor sport. He has no business getting a media position to hold forth on a guy against whom he obviously has a big grudge.
What a reprehensible thing to say about anyone, whether allegedly in jest or not.

You're joking right? He didn't even say anything that bad, just wants the manager to be held to the same standard as his players.

With that said, very excited for the game tomorrow. Gonna have to be a grind it out kind of game. It was announced tonight that Bedoya is out due to illness.

this post is wrong on many levels.

That's fine. You're right. I crossed the line with the comment traveling to Thailand on vacation while the US was in the middle of a dogfight to make the World Cup.

He was apparently quitting soccer due to burn out. Sure, he's a great talent, but if I was on the team (or the coach) and your "best player" quit and then expected to move right back into the starting lineup 9 months later, I would be pretty freaking pissed about it, too.

Anyone see the lineups yet?
No USMNT twitter feed will be the first to release it. After today SU performance and u-23 losing we really need this win.

No USMNT twitter feed will be the first to release it. After today SU performance and u-23 losing we really need this win.

Agreed. No Bedoya, who do you think we see? Yedlin or Williams at Mid?

--------Altidore-----Demspey---
Zardes------Bradley-------Jones
-----------Beckerman--------
Beasley--Besler--Cameron--Johnson

CQ_tCatWcAAnNHU.png

Wish we had Timmy in net, but other than that...

Yedlin for Jones in the 70th
Beckerman in the holding MF is the key to the match. We need him clog the passing lanes and force Mexico out wide.

Beckerman in the holding MF is the key to the match. We need him clog the passing lanes and force Mexico out wide.

If you see Beckerman get out paced, we may need an early sub for him in Danny Williams.

I think historically Beckerman has done well against Mexico. IMO he hasnt palyed well for the USMNT lately though

If you see Beckerman get out paced, we may need an early sub for him in Danny Williams.

I think historically Beckerman has done well against Mexico. IMO he hasnt palyed well for the USMNT lately though
He used to scare me when we had to start him. However his grinding in the MF has won me over. This is it for him on the international level so I really hope he has 1 really good performance left in him.

He used to scare me when we had to start him. However his grinding in the MF has won me over. This is it for him on the international level so I really hope he has 1 really good performance left in him.

Hoping Jozy has some gumption tonight

Somebody get Oguchi Onyewu a jersey. Gotta put a hurtin' on Chicharito.

Status
Not open for further replies.