USMNT soccer team thread | Page 73 | Syracusefan.com

USMNT soccer team thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brazil is almost as big as the contiguous 48 States...South Korea and Japan were separated by water...With South Africa, Germany, France & Italy you have a point...

Duh, forgot...Russia has same issue...look at distances between those stadia.

Yea I'm going to the WC this summer and all the stadiums from Kaliningrad to Moscow to a Sochi are massive distances apart..

Altidore is still our best striker IMO, but him and Bradley are in my doghouse and we certainly don't NEED either.

Agree on Sargent sounds like he is impressing at Bremen.

Idk where parks best fits yet, maybe Adams as the 6 and parks further up the pitch.

I thought Lletget looked good before the injury, hopefully he can work his way back in.

I'm done with Bradley. He's been the most over-rated player on the squad for a few years now.

I'm done with Bradley. He's been the most over-rated player on the squad for a few years now.

Agreed, he is 30 and will be 35 by the next World Cup.

Jozy is 28, and may be useful for a few more years until Sargent or the like takes the reigns.

Really wanted a goal for NYRB there.. Chivas adavances to the final. All on Toronto now..

Toronto goal. 4-1 on aggregate. No excuse to soil it now. Jozy exited with an apparent injury at the 6 min mark.

I haven’t watched a ton of him, but Auston Trusty (Philadelphia) is playing on ESPN tonight. He is getting a ton of praise early season and is someone that will be in serious consideration for the USMNT going forward.

Real excited for the Revierderby Tomorrow. Hoping to see some yank on yank action with Pulisic vs. Mckennie. Thinking they both will be in the starting 11 but will have to wait and see.

Hard to get a result there with so many wasted opportunities.

Feel bad for Bono on the second goal -- real nice placement on the shot and I don't think he'd want to leave much more of the near post uncovered on that .

Hard to get a result there with so many wasted opportunities.

Feel bad for Bono on the second goal -- real nice placement on the shot and I don't think he'd want to leave much more of the near post uncovered on that .

As you said lots of squandered opportunities. Going to very difficult to bring it back at Chivas

As you said lots of squandered opportunities. Going to very difficult to bring it back at Chivas

I don't follow Liga Mx, so I just checked their table. Chivas is at least winless at home in 7 games there this season. They also don't have a great GD (-7). TFC will at least have a punchers chance.

Not to get too off topic, but I really liked Pizarro -- he's gotta be destined for a decent club in Europe. I was shocked when I saw a Dos Santos brother will (likely) get a spot ahead of him at the World Cup for Mexico, because of their coaches arrogance.

Probably should have given a heads up earlier, but flip on the CCL finals. All square in the last 10 minutes.

Michael Bradley pulled a Roberto Baggio in the PK shootout.
Toronto was impressive. They had a last minute chance to win but Guzman? I think wasted a perfect cross from Giovico.

Michael Bradley pulled a Roberto Baggio in the PK shootout.
Toronto was impressive. They had a last minute chance to win but Guzman? I think wasted a perfect cross from Giovico.

Delgado I believe you're talking about. He skied the cross from Giovinco in the 88th min or so

Bradley warming up his 9 iron for retirement on the PK.. FFS. Dude should hang up the boots

Bradley warming up his 9 iron for retirement on the PK.. FFS. Dude should hang up the boots
I give Bradley this he played for Arena and was huge at Azteca last cycle.
That was it for him. He shouldn’t have the captain’s armband anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.