UVA fanbase really impressing me | Syracusefan.com

UVA fanbase really impressing me

Alsacs

Living Legend
Watching this UVA-Memphis game I don't think any team has had a bigger homecourt advantage. except Wisconsin in Milwaukee.
UVA fans have turned Raleigh into JPJ South. Good job by them I hope they win it all.

Watching this UVA-Memphis game I don't think any team has had a bigger homecourt advantage. except Wisconsin in Milwaukee.
UVA fans have turned Raleigh into JPJ South. Good job by them I hope they win it all.
I enjoyed meeting UVA fans in both Charlottesville and Greensboro... and in fact gave my unused ACC tickets to some very nice UVA fans. I didn't even ask for money. I just wanted to get out of Greensboro... and ran into some very nice UVA fans who were looking to buy some. They did, however, insist on paying me "face value" for them. As I said, they were very nice.

Last edited:
I was there Friday night... 5 rows from court... This year has been special, and hopefully the beginning of the re-awakening of this slumbering program... I'd have been there today also, but having to work, and being a 5 hour drive from Raleigh to my home, the 9pm start was a bit more than even I wanted to attempt to overcome... Am looking for tickets for next Friday in NYC though... know anyone with some pull and fair prices??? LOL...

I was there Friday night... 5 rows from court... This year has been special, and hopefully the beginning of the re-awakening of this slumbering program... I'd have been there today also, but having to work, and being a 5 hour drive from Raleigh to my home, the 9pm start was a bit more than even I wanted to attempt to overcome... Am looking for tickets for next Friday in NYC though... know anyone with some pull and fair prices??? LOL...
You should have asked about MSG tickets earlier. Many fans here had them... but pretty much all sold them after we were not placed in the East Region.

I expect them to show up in big, big numbers at MSG.
I recall a UVa fan on this board claiming that there is a huge fanbase here in NYC?
Nothing I've personally noticed... but will be on the lookout for sure this week.
Let's Go Hoos.

You should have asked about MSG tickets earlier. Many fans here had them... but pretty much all sold them after we were not placed in the East Region.
Ahhhhhhhh, the story of my life... LOL... maybe there will be some SU fan who is still holding them captive for the right price... if not, it's only a 6 hour drive to NYC, I'm sure I'll be able to find a scalper...

Not hard to root for UVA tonight. I said earlier it's a shame they play MSU so early in the tourney as that will feel like a final four game

Ahhhhhhhh, the story of my life... LOL... maybe there will be some SU fan who is still holding them captive for the right price... if not, it's only a 6 hour drive to NYC, I'm sure I'll be able to find a scalper...

I did the drive from NYC to Charlottesville for our game.
Not really bad at all (outside of rush hour in DC of course)
The hardest part is probably the Route 29 to I-66 slog.
Otherwise, it's not horrible.
(And if you want to skirt the $4 each way toll in Delaware to put towards tickets, it's easy - and gives you a chance to stop at Wawa!)

Yeah, I can definitely do the Wawa deal... LOL... Thanks...

Coming north on I-95, get off at Exit 109B (Route 279 to Newark, DE)
Follow for about 1.5 miles (the Wawa will be on your left about a half mile ahead though!)
Make right onto Route 4.
Follow for about 1 mile, make right on Route 896.
Follow sign straight ahead to get back on I-95 North.
$4 in your pocket... and it only cost you about 3 extra minutes.
I HATE that lame Delaware toll!

(Another toll tip... after crossing the Delaware Memorial Bridge... take I-295 to Exit 56 to get back on the NJ Turnpike... same distance mileage wise and saves you another few bucks...)

Coming north on I-95, get off at Exit 109B (Route 279 to Newark, DE)
Follow for about 1.5 miles (the Wawa will be on your left about a half mile ahead though!)
Make right onto Route 4.
Follow for about 1 mile, make right on Route 896.
Follow sign straight ahead to get back on I-95 North.
$4 in your pocket... and it only cost you about 3 extra minutes.
I HATE that lame Delaware toll!

(Another toll tip... after crossing the Delaware Memorial Bridge... take I-295 to Exit 56 to get back on the NJ Turnpike... same distance mileage wise and saves you another few bucks...)
Thanks... much appreciated...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom