UVA goalie to transfer | Syracusefan.com

UVA goalie to transfer

CuseAlum87

2nd String
Virginia freshman goalie Burkinshaw put his name in the transfer portal. I'm not surprised, I thought he was better than Rode at the dome and he has more upside potential. Statistically he was better than Rode against the Orange (46% to 36%). Wonder where he lands?

What if he felt he already did earn it back? Against the Orange he let up 7 goals and had 6 saves. Rode let up 7 goals and had 4 saves. What if he feels like he is outplaying his competition in practice? Rode is sub 50% for the season and for his short career(2nd year). Goalie is tough, only one gets to play.

Wow. Hopefully he’s out of the ACC (granted we did shoot fairly well against him)

Man how quickly things can change. Kid goes from an incredible 1st start, to getting pulled the next game and now he's going to playing somewhere else next season. While my initial thought would be he should go back next season and fight to win the job maybe he feels like the coaching staff has already decided they're moving forward with Rode no matter what?

Will be many more at UVA in the coming year, only so much PT to go around. Amazing these recruits don't realize this.

Man how quickly things can change. Kid goes from an incredible 1st start, to getting pulled the next game and now he's going to playing somewhere else next season. While my initial thought would be he should go back next season and fight to win the job maybe he feels like the coaching staff has already decided they're moving forward with Rode no matter what?
I think Lars Tiffany is looking for his next Jack Kelly, his AA goalie at Brown. I am curious about the timing of the decision, but I don't know how the transfer portal works or any related deadlines.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom