UVA is too smart and well coached to play zone against | Syracusefan.com

UVA is too smart and well coached to play zone against

Alsacs

Living Legend
They are well coached and will slice zones up and get good high percentage shots pretty much every possession. We will need them to miss good shots to have a chance.

Honestly this is a team you have to play m2m against and hope they miss jump shots. Every possession against Duke's zone they get the ball to the correct spot and cause the d to collapse.

Yet Dukes crappy zone has them in it late on the road. You do realize any good defense is hoping to make the team shoot contested jumpers, right? 2-3 zone, pac-line, m2m sect. Smart teams that play good offense get good shots against good defense no matter what the scheme. The zone is not a gimmick, its a legit defense just like m2m and just like any other defense it has its strengths and weaknesses.

They are well coached and will slice zones up and get good high percentage shots pretty much every possession. We will need them to miss good shots to have a chance.

Honestly this is a team you have to play m2m against and hope they miss jump shots. Every possession against Duke's zone they get the ball to the correct spot and cause the d to collapse.

Are you advocating that we play man?

I am not advocating Syracuse play m2m because we
Won't. I am just saying watching them against Duke's zone they are ridiculously well coached to play against zone. They get the ball to the correct spot every possession.

UVA is just a well coached team.

Won't. I am just saying watching them against Duke's zone they are ridiculously well coached to play against zone. They get the ball to the correct spot every possession.

Well coached smart offensive teams do well against any defense. What's the real point you are trying to make?

Defense isn't going to be the problem when we play Virginia...

Dukes zone isn't great but it seems to be working alright . . . .

Last edited:
Duke and UVA are so, so, so, so much better than us... its amazing.

We should be 10 point dogs vs both.

Was VA's late game plan to let Toby dominate?

Silly Hoos.

Ball game! That 3 by Jones with 10 seconds to go locked it up. It was a very g good game ... until UVA fell apart at the end

Unclear to me if they are playing our zone or not.

Some aspects are the same but the rotations are inconsistent and I can't tell if that is intentional or if they are just not as adept at it.

They are morphing into the 1-4 but not consistently.

FYI..with 10 secs left, looks like 2-3 going to beat MTM.

Ball game! That 3 by Jones with 10 seconds to go locked it up

Kid couldn't have looked more confident going up with that one.

Cold blooded, as Jay Bilas says.

Dammit, UVA abandoned the let Toby dominate late plan...and Brogdon gets blocked.

That's why you lost, Hoos.

More Toby needed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom