UVA's New Practice Facility | Syracusefan.com

UVA's New Practice Facility

Bill, have you ever seen the athletic facilities at Georgetown Prep on Rockville Pike?

Way better than Manley.

Gates%20Closed%20View.jpg

This artist's rendering doesn't look very modern to me. In fact it reminds me of a mini War Memorial next to a Manley Fieldhouse.

Well, it fits in with the architecture on Mr. Jefferson's campus.

Well, it fits in with the architecture on Mr. Jefferson's campus.
Like I said it doesn't look very modern and I thought of how it would go with the rest of their 1819 themed campus.

That sch
Bill, have you ever seen the athletic facilities at Georgetown Prep on Rockville Pike?

Way better than Manley.
That school is incredible... Landon is fantastic as well...

Like I said it doesn't look very modern and I thought of how it would go with the rest of their 1819 themed campus.

UVa is like a dream of what a college campus should be like. It's not a great sketch, but Mr. Jefferson's school doesn't do things half-assed. I am sure this place will be top shelf.

very good information in that article about the facilities at other ACC schools, the cost of the new UVa facility and the decision/fund raising process to get that thing built.

They just scrapped a plan to build a $5.2M 'bubble' (good idea) in favor of a more expensive permanent facility after seeing what other schools in the conference were doing and realizing that the bubble would be ugly (duh) and not look right on their campus.

They're also moving forward even though they don't have all the funding currently lined up and have taken into account the future revenue from the anticipated TV deal. Sounds like SU can quickly get up to par with the other ACC schools if they build a nice facility and do it soon.

UVa is like a dream of what a college campus should be like. It's not a great sketch, but Mr. Jefferson's school doesn't do things half-assed. I am sure this place will be top shelf.
No doubt but the picture doesn't have the wow factor, just sayin.

No doubt but the picture doesn't have the wow factor, just sayin.

Agreed, looks like a police sketch. But the JPJ Arena is pretty awesome, and I got a backstage tour of the football stadium with their upgrades a few years back and that too was awesome. So I don't expect a dated industrial age type building to pop up. Especially since they know that VT will build something sweet and they need to keep up (ironic I know...)

Except for University Hall. That place was and still is crap. Can't believe they played basketball there for so long. The seats were so far away from the court and the lighting was horrible.

UVA is flat out one of the most beautiful campuses in the country.

UVA is flat out one of the most beautiful campuses in the country.
eh - I think it's very nice, but also kind of boring at the same time - too much brick :noidea:

How beautiful can you make what is essentially an aircraft hangar?

It looks good to me.

Gates%20Closed%20View.jpg

This artist's rendering doesn't look very modern to me. In fact it reminds me of a mini War Memorial next to a Manley Fieldhouse.
Speaking of the War Memorial, they should tear that POS down and voila - there's prime real estate for your new indoor facility, right along the connective corridor.

Speaking of the War Memorial, they should tear that POS down and voila - there's prime real estate for your new indoor facility, right along the connective corridor.

Maybe the location of your hoops only arena after the dome is torn down.. Football on south campus

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom