Va Tech game | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Va Tech game

This game feels a lot like NC State in 2019. Thursday night game against a bad opponent that most assume Syracuse will win. This game feels like a major trap and one a Dino coached team will likely struggle.
That game came off a Syracuse bye too I believe. Syracuse was horrible coming off the bye. This game is coming off a bye too.

Why are you rethinking this? Did you expect the outcome vs Clemson, UNC and FSU to be different? If you did that’s on you. Most reasonable people projected this stretch of the schedule to result in L-L-L.

Don’t be a front runner. Go to Blacksburg and support the team. If you don’t like the players or the coach, support the brand.

A night game in Blacksburg is a unique experience for most college football fans. Go

Glad you asked. I had two expectations and a 'want' from the outcome of these 3 teams.

Expectation #1 - 0-3
Expectation #2 - showing up and being competitive
Want - I wanted to go 1-2 versus the big 3

The complete no show on both sides of the ball lost me Saturday. All 3 coaches (Babers, Long and Beck were awful) as well as the players just mailing it in. Saturday was Marylandesque in my opinion. I don't mind losing, I mind looking like a pop warner team, in of terms prep, coaching and effort. It was embarrassing. If Carolina was 40-24 instead and we actually forced them to punt a few times, it just has a different feel. It gives you hope for the season.

I don't have time to dissect everything that burned me, but seeing us down 17 or 20 points, getting the ball back and the first two plays Beck is calling two runs in a row between the guards? Or a Villari wildcat ?? Throwing TE screens to Villari?? It's frustrating. Babers punting on their side of the field 4th and 6 when we need scores. frustrating. All the 3rd down conservative drop into coverage BS defensive calls. Frustrating.

Clemson was a game we played like sht. I can't get over the 57 yard goal attempt and then his defense of it. The kicker is going to get a record? w t f ?

Florida State is going to embarrass us again on national TV. It's not that we are going to lose, it's the way in which we will lose and everyone knows it. It'll look like a GRob team. We won't be competitive Saturday. I'LL EAT CROW IF WE ARE and would love it because it'll give me some hope going into Blacksburg then.

Last edited:
Clemson was a game we played like sht. I can't get over the 57 yard goal attempt and then his defense of it. The kicker is going to get a record? w t f ?
That's not actually what he said.

That's not actually what he said.

Yeah I know but he thinks it was a good decision because he 'can make' a low percentage kick - because he has kicked a 61 yarder in practice. You can't break a record unless you take a low percentage kick. Come on.

Then he thinks the play wasn't rushed because 'he looked up' and there was 7 seconds on the play clock. ...plenty of time to run out of the punt formation, line up and take a low percentage record breaking kick. smh

Was gonna drive the 4 hours to Blacksburg, but after driving to Chapel Hill this weekend, I'm good. Sat 4th row 50 yard line behind the bench and this team has no fire. Nobody getting fired up. A bunch of guys not even paying attention, laughing as the other team scores touchdowns.

Was gonna drive the 4 hours to Blacksburg, but after driving to Chapel Hill this weekend, I'm good. Sat 4th row 50 yard line behind the bench and this team has no fire. Nobody getting fired up. A bunch of guys not even paying attention, laughing as the other team scores touchdowns.
That's the way it came across the TV too. I'm sure that's what people across the country thought of Syracuse University as well.

They don't have a Mikel Jones anymore

That's the way it came across the TV too. I'm sure that's what people across the country thought of Syracuse University as well.
you genuinely would have thought based on our sideline that we were the ones delivering the whoopin. It was bad, and I'm sorry but Shrader is NOT a leader. He may be Dungey-esque but he doesn't have 1/10th the fire Dungey had to rally guys around him.

Glad you asked. I had two expectations and a 'want' from the outcome of these 3 teams.

Expectation #1 - 0-3
Expectation #2 - showing up and being competitive
Want - I wanted to go 1-2 versus the big 3

The complete no show on both sides of the ball lost me Saturday. All 3 coaches (Babers, Long and Beck were awful) as well as the players just mailing it in. Saturday was Marylandesque in my opinion. I don't mind losing, I mind looking like a pop warner team, in of terms prep, coaching and effort. It was embarrassing. If Carolina was 40-24 instead and we actually forced them to punt a few times, it just has a different feel. It gives you hope for the season.

I don't have time to dissect everything that burned me, but seeing us down 17 or 20 points, getting the ball back and the first two plays Beck is calling two runs in a row between the guards? Or a Villari wildcat ?? Throwing TE screens to Villari?? It's frustrating. Babers punting on their side of the field 4th and 6 when we need scores. frustrating. All the 3rd down conservative drop into coverage BS defensive calls. Frustrating.

Florida State is going to embarrass us again on national TV. It's not that we are going to lose, it's the way in which we will lose and everyone knows it. It'll look like a GRob team. We won't be competitive Saturday. I'LL EAT CROW IF WE ARE and would love it because it'll give me some hope going into Blacksburg then.

I had similar expectations.

I hope you make it to Blacksburg. A night game in Blacksburg is on my bucket list. Unfortunately traveling for a Thursday night game from Los Angeles isn’t in the cards.

The history of Dino winning an ACC game on the road in a big spot. Feel free to look it up, you won't like the outcome.
"big spot." Thursday night against a likely 2-win VT is not a "big spot." That NC State team was 10x better than this VT team and thats not a complement to NC State

Great, 2019 part 2? Awesome

FSU beat BC by two points. It’s obviously going to be a very hard game to win, but much, much crazier things have happened.

We got blown out by Rutgers at home the week before we beat #1 Nebraska.

"big spot." Thursday night against a likely 2-win VT is not a "big spot." That NC State team was 10x better than this VT team and thats not a complement to NC State

That NC State team was god awful, they were down to like a 3rd string JUCO QB who couldn't even throw the ball.

I don't care if Tech is winless, that Thursday night game is massive coming off a loss to FSU and then a bye. If SU doesn't win that game the wheels are likely to come off and this team probably isn't finishing .500 and he's gone. Dino's history off a bye is also putrid, this is a MASSIVE game for SU.

That NC State team was god awful, they were down to like a 3rd string JUCO QB who couldn't even throw the ball.

I don't care if Tech is winless, that Thursday night game is massive coming off a loss to FSU and then a bye. If SU doesn't win that game the wheels are likely to come off and this team probably isn't finishing .500 and he's gone. Dino's history off a bye is also putrid, this is a MASSIVE game for SU.
This VT team is god awful. They have a bad line, a bad QB and no receivers. I am sorry but only syracuse fans think that is going to be a game. NO matter the line, smart money will be HAMMERING syracuse

FSU beat BC by two points. It’s obviously going to be a very hard game to win, but much, much crazier things have happened.

We got blown out by Rutgers at home the week before we beat #1 Nebraska.
I really don't think FSU is going to blow the doors off Syracuse. They will definitely win, might win by 15 but I don't see another 30+ point beatdown. The CBs will have their toughest test of the season with Wilson but FSU has been relatively pedestrian in the ACC and I don't think they are going to be marching their way to a CFP spot with 30 point blowouts like in 2014.

This VT team is god awful. They have a bad line, a bad QB and no receivers. I am sorry but only syracuse fans think that is going to be a game. NO matter the line, smart money will be HAMMERING syracuse

Again so was that NC State team in 2019 and last years BC team that SU was losing into the 4th quarter against. You don't seem to realize how few wins SU has on the road under Babers in the ACC. Of the opponents in our division the first 7 years before they broke them up SU doesn't have a road win against Pitt, NC State, FSU, Clemson, or Lville since Dino took over. The only team he has beaten on the road more then once is BC.

Again so was that NC State team in 2019 and last years BC team that SU was losing into the 4th quarter against. You don't seem to realize how few wins SU has on the road under Babers in the ACC. Of the opponents in our division the first 7 years before they broke them up SU doesn't have a road win against Pitt, NC State, FSU, Clemson, or Lville since Dino took over. The only team he has beaten on the road more then once is BC.
And there arent many times that syracuse has come up to a team as bad as VT. You're free to disagree, I am just telling you that syracuse is not going to struggle in that game.

And there arent many times that syracuse has come up to a team as bad as VT. You're free to disagree, I am just telling you that syracuse is not going to struggle in that game.

NO offense but you also think SU is gonna keep it within 15 Saturday against a team that is probably the worst matchup of any school we see this year. I think your in for a rude awakening the next few weeks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom