Vacating wins. | Syracusefan.com

Vacating wins.

smmCUSE

Walk On
Ok hear me out. Let's assume the NCAA does not have a streamline policy on recreational drugs (and that's what I'm gathering based on reports), and the violation here is an institutional control type issue. How is the punishment of vacating wins rightful, given the fact that the NCAA is not the governing body in regards to the drug policy? Therefore I would assume that they could not vacate wins or an NC based on that- in obvious contrast with Memphis and UMass who clearly violated NCAA policy.

Also, say this is not the case, lets hope Carmelo Anthony's name is not mentioned, because we all know he's had some history...(snitches)

Also, I'm very new to this, so please clarify if I'm way off here.

Ok hear me out. Let's assume the NCAA does not have a streamline policy on recreational drugs (and that's what I'm gathering based on reports), and the violation here is an institutional control type issue. How is the punishment of vacating wins rightful, given the fact that the NCAA is not the governing body in regards to the drug policy? Therefore I would assume that they could not vacate wins or an NC based on that- in obvious contrast with Memphis and UMass who clearly violated NCAA policy.

Also, say this is not the case, lets hope Carmelo Anthony's name is not mentioned, because we all know he's had some history...(snitches)

Also, I'm very new to this, so please clarify if I'm way off here.
You may as well have led with "Castration is not that bad, now hear me out." Me thinks you've pulled a chicken little here. As long as there is no video of JB splitting a QP into dime bags, then there is nothing to see here. Just keep moving...

you are on the wrong track. it is not about drugs or institutional control, it is much simpler than that.

if a school institutes and official policy regarding player eligibility, then knowingly plays an ineligible player, then any wins that player participated in can be vacated.

it doesn't matter what the origin of the ineligibility was - could be an internal policy on academics or even curfew. ineligible is ineligible.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom