Vandy fires Derek Mason / hires Clark Lea | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Vandy fires Derek Mason / hires Clark Lea

If Vandy can't get Clark Lea, I go after Clawson. He has an exciting O for the fans. He knows what it is like to recruit to a private school in the South. He already recruits GA and Fla. Plus VA and NC are right nearby. He also gets kids from Texas to Wake, but now Texas is in conference. He isn't likely to go jump ship once he has success.
what private school in the south has he recruited for?

Knoxville also has the Sunsphere. Classic simpsons

5CAC3192-1C8F-4B89-A531-742E6463FBD0.jpeg

Good BBQ but it is a chain. The southern boyz won't admit it but the best BBQ is from Texas.

I had no idea it was a chain. Now I feel a little dirty. LoL... I love Dinosaur but I lean toward the vinegar and mustard based sauces. Best BBQ I've ever had was this roadside shack just south of Hoover, Alabama in a little town called Alabaster. Buddy's Bar-B-Que.

35079150_10215115358351554_9089683672163942400_n.jpg

Last edited:
I had no idea it was a chain. Now I feel a little dirty. LoL... I love Dinosaur but I lean toward the vinegar and mustard based sauces. Best BBQ I've ever had was this roadside shack just south of Hoover, Alabama in a little town called Alabaster. Buddy's Bar-B-Que. (and yes that's our car)

View attachment 192142

Well Dino BBQ is also a chain in similar size to sticky fingers

so it’s apples to apples

I had no idea it was a chain. Now I feel a little dirty. LoL... I love Dinosaur but I lean toward the vinegar and mustard based sauces. Best BBQ I've ever had was this roadside shack just south of Hoover, Alabama in a little town called Alabaster. Buddy's Bar-B-Que.

View attachment 192142
That's interesting. It doesn't look at all related but there is actually a chain named Buddy's BBQ too.

View attachment 192142
Call Me Alabama, you know that place is in Bama with Bushwhacker written on the car. In Gulf Shores right now, but the only people I meet are from Michigan and Illinois. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Call Me Alabama, you know that place is in Bama with Bushwhacker written on the car. In Gulf Shores right now, but the only people I meet are from Michigan and Illinois. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
Don’t be too hasty to not judge people from Michigan. They could be Michigan fans.

Good BBQ but it is a chain. The southern boyz won't admit it but the best BBQ is from Texas.
Gotta agree! Every time I'm in Texas I try to get some Rudy's smoked turkey or make a stop at Hard Eight.

It's easier to recruit to an SEC state school, not the lone private school. Nobody cares about Vanderbilt football.

People really overestimate how much athletes care about how interesting a school's city is. If that mattered, Ga Tech would out recruit Georgia. Kids wouldn't go to Alabama or Florida. Kids wouldn't choose Tennessee over Vanderbilt. Northwestern would recruit better.
Girls at public schools >>>>> Girls at “respected” “institutions”

Pecan Lodge in Dallas is best I ever had. Nashville has the hot chicken which is unreal though. This thread is taking a nice turn into a Diners drive ins and dives chat
I could write a book on why hot chicken is a culinary travesty. The sad thing is that it’s displaced actual good food. Meat and 3’s once defined the city, and you’re missing out on life if you’ve never had lunch (esp. fried chicken) at a real southern meat and 3. Go to Arnold’s next time you’re in town. They remodeled, but I think the food is still good. You’ll be glad you went.

But associating Nashville with hot chicken is like associating Neuschwanstein Castle with Disneyland.

Gotta agree! Every time I'm in Texas I try to get some Rudy's smoked turkey or make a stop at Hard Eight.
Been to Rudy's in New Braunfels and Hard 8 in Stephenville. Both are really good. They are chains now but still fantastic

We seem to have slipped into a Jeff Foxworthy bit.

you can’t kick me out I’m a southerner

I’ve eaten at probably every single local small business BBQ joint in NE Florida. I just don’t like t
I don't know, I've heard other southerners say Florida isn't really the south. Maybe they'll let you sneak in since north Florida is pretty much Georgia.

you can’t kick me out I’m a southerner

I’ve eaten at probably every single local small business BBQ joint in NE Florida. I just don’t like t
Some people don't like the taste of smoked food. I just can't fathom that. I smoked Prime Rib last week. Yeah. It was good. (duhh) I may just smoke a spatchcock Turkey , this weekend. I smoke/bbq food every chance I get.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom