Very emotional with acc move | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Very emotional with acc move

I don't think its in our best intrests to play gtown in the ncaa they are the only team they will make sure we have a close game against.

We used to have St Bonaventure, and Niagara as rivals, then the Big East came about, not that hard to move on, it hasn't been the same since the 1980's. I've followed the program since Jim Brown was here, change happens, we all need to adjust just as the North Carolina schools are adjusting to a conference they no longer control.

When the Syracuse Basketball Team lifts the ACC Championship Trophy high over their heads and passes it from player to player... The sadness of no longer being in the Big East will be greatly diminished.

We used to have St Bonaventure, and Niagara as , then the Big East came about, not that hard to move on, it hasn't been the same since the 1980's. I've followed the program since Jim Brown was here, change happens, we all need to adjust just as the North Carolina schools are adjusting to a conference they no longer control.

This. Unless I'm mistaken SU did not start playing basketball upon its entry into the Big East. There were rivalries that existed prior to the BE that are no longer relevant today. I'm sure there were a fair share of SU Luddites complaining that the Big East was a fool's errand.

I see it like graduating High School and heading off to college. You're going to miss all your friends that you grew up with and shared so many memories with, knowing you aren't going to see them nearly as much. It's a sad time saying your goodbyes, but you're moving on to bigger and better things. Getting ready for college was a bit scary and nerve wracking, and you didn't really know what to expect, but you knew it was better for you and provided an opportunity for greater things. Just like joining the ACC now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom