Victor HS coach steps down | Syracusefan.com

Victor HS coach steps down

Very strange? Anyone know the reason?

It looks like the public response is “to spend more time with my family”, which often is the press release when someone is fired for cause.

It looks like the public response is “to spend more time with my family”, which often is the press release when someone is fired for cause.
Or maybe he does want to spend more time with his family? Just seems strange he would quit in the middle of an undefeated streak or it could be that during the pandemic he realized how much he was missing. Good luck to Coach Andre.

Or maybe he does want to spend more time with his family? Just seems strange he would quit in the middle of an undefeated streak or it could be that during the pandemic he realized how much he was missing. Good luck to Coach Andre.
It looks like he'd only be grossing only $6500-$8000 for coaching during the 2021 season (if there is one), according to their teachers' contract. I have no inside information, but it seems very plausible that the huge time commitment of building and maintaining a lacrosse program of that quality, plus the loss of family time, just wasn't worth it to him at this point in his teaching career.

From those I've spoken to, the rumors are it was just became too much to deal with. Its a wealthy suburb so politics come into play. Rumors of many disgruntled players over playing time. Underclassmen committed to D1 schools such a s Hopkins but don't see the field because of the talent ahead of them. I'd venture to say the cliche spend more time with family fits when the trouble is more than its worth. Sometimes we become victims of our own success. Unfortunately increased success and expectations sometimes breeds some of the worst challenges

From those I've spoken to, the rumors are it was just became too much to deal with. Its a wealthy suburb so politics come into play. Rumors of many disgruntled players over playing time. Underclassmen committed to D1 schools such a s Hopkins but don't see the field because of the talent ahead of them. I'd venture to say the cliche spend more time with family fits when the trouble is more than its worth. Sometimes we become victims of our own success. Unfortunately increased success and expectations sometimes breeds some of the worst challenges

If that’s true, can’t say I blame him at all. He builds a juggernaut and it’s still not good enough for these kids and parents.

Same thing happened to Craig Whipple in Irondequoit. He had restored Irondequoit to its prior glory in the early 2010s and he got run out of there by hostile parents and a vindictive administration. That and this is a shame.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom