Villanova | Syracusefan.com

Villanova

Frozen

2022 Cali Winner (Rushing Yards)
JB mentioned that Nova would be coming to the Dome next season, but is there any truth to the rumor that it is part of a 1-1-1 deal in which the teams play at SU, at Nova and at MSG over three seasons?

LOL, you started a thread while I posting a longer one on the same subject. Its a 1-1-1 deal from what TexanMark posted a week ago. Its a perfect deal, and Nova will make more money from that MSG than they would for a no-name home game and they will get a game in NYC with a top 25 team for NCAA tournament at-large status.

LOL, you started a thread while I posting a longer one on the same subject. Its a 1-1-1 deal from what TexanMark posted a week ago. Its a perfect deal, and Nova will make more money from that MSG than they would for a no-name home game and they will get a game in NYC with a top 25 team for NCAA tournament at-large status.
Yes But I only repeated what a Nova said from their Rivals Board. But I agree a 1-1-1 with the neutral at MSG would be perfect.

Kudos to TGD's staff and JB for getting this one done. A fantastic job.

Screw Villanova. I was hoping we'd never play them and their slap-slap-slap defense.

This is great. Helps both schools with recruiting and they get to keep playing each other.

play them in the Garden on the saturday afternoon following that fridays sold out Pinstripe Bowl victory v Ohio St.

its good to be the King.

play them in the Garden on the saturday afternoon following that fridays sold out Pinstripe Bowl victory v Ohio St.

its good to be the King.
LMAO what victory over OSU?

Nova, Gtown and St Johns are the only BE rivals I'd like to see SU continue. If we play each of them once per year that is already a better nonconference schedule than SU usually plays.

it should be 1-0-1-1: Home-Neutral-Neutral, or they can go f themselves (the philly game would be at the Wells Fargo Center with split ticket sales and split gate) . SU has the hammer in these negotiations and should swing it against these glorified mid majors

it should be 1-0-1-1: Home-Neutral-Neutral, or they can go f themselves (the philly game would be at the Wells Fargo Center with split ticket sales and split gate) . SU has the hammer in these negotiations and should swing it against these glorified mid majors
Villanova deserves a home/home and the fact they are giving us a neutral site game at MSG is awesome. Villanova has been to a Final Four in 2009 and made the Elite Eight in 2006 and atleast are a good enough opponent that aren't a bad loss if you lose and are a decent win if you beat. I like 1-1-1 arrangement and let Nova have the gate at Wells Fargo as they haven't put a Syracuse tax on single games sales and I wouldn't demand anything from their home game as their will be 3-4k SU fans, but Villanova has been a good partner, and giving Syracuse everything we want a quality home/home and neutral site game which will be a de facto home game. If SU plays Villanova, St. John's and occasionally gets Georgetown when they give us a Villanova deal it will be great. I don't think Syracuse fans will miss Providence, Seton Hall, DePaul series and if Marquette will do a MSG game occasionally I would play them as well, but they will probably play Notre Dame.

Villanova deserves a home/home.
the basketball-onlies deserve nothing. they are the reason the greatest hoops conference ever conceived collapsed, and they are lucky SU is still willing to schedule them

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom