Ville refuses to cut nets | Syracusefan.com

Ville refuses to cut nets

FreakTalksAboutSU

All American
They probably couldn't bring themselves to take part in this part of the celebration without their fallen teammate. Sort of a shame for them, as that is arguably the most iconic moment of a FF appearance, but I understand and respect the decision that the made.

JT jr refused to cut the nets one year because he wanted the National Champ nets, Villanova took care of that.

I suspect what they were saying is that this is not enough, that they weren't going to cut down the nets now, that they were not going to celebrate, unless they won the whole thing. And if they do, I'll bet the first person to "wear" the net will be Kevin Ware. If they win in Atlanta, they will cut down the net and march it straight over to Kevin Ware. And I would feel the same way and do the same thing.

They probably couldn't bring themselves to take part in this part of the celebration without their fallen teammate. Sort of a shame for them, as that is arguably the most iconic moment of a FF appearance, but I understand and respect the decision that the made.

They did not do it after winning BET either. They've been saying they only want the National Championship nets.

Cool. Sorta. I'd damn well cut down nets to get to the Final Four.

When Kentucky won the 2003 SEC tournament in New Orleans they didn't cut the nets down, and lost in the Elite 8 to Marquette. This can come back to bite them in the a$$ both Michigan and Syracuse can beat Louisville.

They did not do it after winning BET either. They've been saying they only want the National Championship nets.

Cool. Sorta. I'd damn well cut down nets to get to the Final Four.

Yeah, unrelated to Ware's injury. Well known that Pitino was not going to cut nets today if they won. He told his team Natl Champ nets only.

I have no problem with that. It's like some pro teams refusing to celebrate winning a division championship because it doesn't mean anything unless you win it all.

Yeah, unrelated to Ware's injury. Well known that Pitino was not going to cut nets today if they won. He told his team Natl Champ nets only.

See, I have a problem with it if Pitino is telling his team not do it.

They may never get this moment again, dick move if he told them that.

I don't see any problem with this either...Either they are doing it out of respect for Ware, and they want him there, or it doesn't mean "anything" to them, and they want the title...

Don't sleep on Wichita st this isn't going to be an easy win. Marshall is a master motivator and they will be basically discounted all week long. They have some players and match up well

When Kentucky won the 2003 SEC tournament in New Orleans they didn't cut the nets down, and lost in the Elite 8 to Marquette. This can come back to bite them in the a$$ both Michigan and Syracuse can beat Louisville.

Didn't Kansas do this once as well? With a similar result?

Didn't Kansas do this once as well? With a similar result?

Yes, in 1996 they didn't cut down the nets after the regional final and failed to win the championship.

Who cares what they do. They were simply awesome tonight. Looked like they were in another gear ALL game and I personally don't think Duke has slow guards in general. Curry has average speed but Sulaimon and Cook have good speed. Kelly out there is a fail vs Louisville. Dieng is playing great also.

I remember when Syracuse refused to cut the nets down in MSG after winning the BET in 2005.

It didn't work...

See, I have a problem with it if Pitino is telling his team not do it.

They may never get this moment again, dick move if he told them that.
Agree that it's not something Pitino should dictate. But most of them got to do it last year. Maybe one of those is enough and they're looking for something better.

No problem with this from me, you can do this when you make it 2 years in a row.

Obviously I am glad JB made the correct decision to cut em down in his biggest rivals building!

I dont have a problem with it at all, I just feel bad for any younger players who maybe dont get the chance again. I do, however, take issue with a coach pushing this on players. NOT saying Pitino did it. Havent heard anything to even allude that.

Life's too short to ignore your own achievements, even the ones you view as stepping stones to your bigger goals.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I don't believe we cut them down in 1987 either. Hopefully it's a bad omen for those don't cut them down.

I do think that teams should celebrate mile stone victories when they get them.