Viral Meningitis Invades WWE | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Viral Meningitis Invades WWE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, it's like a catch 22. They promote those guys as the "real stars" so the fans are conditioned to accept them as such, which makes it harder for to push newer guys to the top. Then again, they do something like try it with Reigns and everyone takes a dump on it. So,, like I said, catch 22.

Someone did a mock poster of what Wrestlemania 14 (where Austin first won the title) would look like with the current wwe attitude toward mania, you had guys like Slaughter, Hogan, Savage, etc in key positions with Austin marginalized. Really made me think, a key part of Austin's rise to the top was that they had lost so much talent that they had no choice but to put everything they had behind him. No half measures

The only mid 90's departures that hurt the WWF were Nash and Hall. The rest were past their prime.

The only mid 90's departures that hurt the WWF were Nash and Hall. The rest were past their prime.

Agreed. And they made superstars out of WCW mid or even low carder castoffs like Foley, Austin, HHH, and to a lesser extent Goldust.

Always amazed me at how big those guys became, while someone like Vader(a legit WCW star) just had a mediocre WWF career.

Agreed. And they made superstars out of WCW mid or even low carder castoffs like Foley, Austin, HHH, and to a lesser extent Goldust.

Always amazed me at how big those guys became, while someone like Vader(a legit WCW star) just had a mediocre WWF career.

Vince always needs to put his own personal touch on guys.

I don't know if anyone watches NXT, but the main event last night was one of the best wwe matches in a looong time

I heard the guy who sings songs is going to be in the Rumble early and will sing a song about Tom Brady to rile about the crowd.
I love the Royal Rumble so just don’t let Roman Reigns win.

I heard the guy who sings songs is going to be in the Rumble early and will sing a song about Tom Brady to rile about the crowd.

I love the Royal Rumble too and am actually debating getting the network again to watch it.

Though the last times I watched I ended up being so disappointed...the time Jericho came back and should’ve won it but Sheamus won instead(lol), the one Batista won(lol) and the time when Kane and Big Show were just dumping everybody out. Those Rumbles were terrible and I haven’t watched since.

I'm going Finn Balor in the Rumble tonight. Be interesting to see what surprise entrants we get in both the men's and women's.

I love the Royal Rumble too and am actually debating getting the network again to watch it.

Though the last times I watched I ended up being so disappointed...the time Jericho came back and should’ve won it but Sheamus won instead(lol), the one Batista won(lol) and the time when Kane and Big Show were just dumping everybody out. Those Rumbles were terrible and I haven’t watched since.
I'm going Finn Balor in the Rumble tonight. Be interesting to see what surprise entrants we get in both the men's and women's.

Anyone watch last night? Thought the WWE got both winners completely right, thank god.

I found the women's match much more entertaining. Love the surprise entries! Really took me back.. and it's amazing how much those women can still get it done in the ring!

Anyone watch last night? Thought the WWE got both winners completely right, thank god.

I found the women's match much more entertaining. Love the surprise entries! Really took me back.. and it's amazing how much those women can still get it done in the ring!

I watched. The women had to go last because of the Rousey thing, but the crowd was dead for a while after the mens match, which I thought was awesome. Agree they got the winner right in both matches.

Loved the winners. Thought the order of the Rumbles should have been reversed to keep the energy of the crowd up but overall not bad.

Loved the winners. Thought the order of the Rumbles should have been reversed to keep the energy of the crowd up but overall not bad.

They wanted Ronda to close it out. Read today that only the McMahons and tv producer Kevin Dunn knew about her. She was kept hidden backstage until 10 seconds before she came out.

They are doing whatever they can to get Reigns over.
This won’t work.
WM 20 the fans chit on both Lesnar and Goldberg.
Reigns will not get cheered all this will do is make the crowd crap on both and could cause Brock to no sell Reigns if he is pissed about this.

Lol at their logic. “The fans don’t like the guy we want them to like, so we’ll try to make the guy he’s going against even MORE unlikable.”

I don’t know why they don’t know how to go with the flow by this point as far as who the fans like.

Is he really going back to MMA? 40 years old and hasn’t done it in 5+ years and seemingly has a pretty good setup in WWE where he works extremely limited dates and makes a ton of money. Hard to figure why you’d want to go back to “real” fighting.

He's really good at using both sides for leverage; it sure looked like he was going to UFC 3 years ago. If he can fight Jon Jones soon, he would leave WWE for that, because he can make a ton of money there. Plus, he can always come back to WWE.

I hate to say it but, Kurt Angle is washed.

He can’t say more than a few sentences without stumbling over his words.

I hate to say it but, Kurt Angle is washed.

He can’t say more than a few sentences without stumbling over his words.

And the scary thing is that was probably one of his better promos! Some of the ones he's been doing recently are really bad. Like he can't remember his lines

And the scary thing is that was probably one of his better promos! Some of the ones he's been doing recently are really bad. Like he can't remember his lines
Kurt Angle is back?
I love that guy intensity integrity and intelligence.
He and those old guys who took chair shots to the head probably has CTE.

Kurt Angle is back?
I love that guy intensity integrity and intelligence.
He and those old guys who took chair shots to the head probably has CTE.

Yeah he came back as GM last year, worked a few matches, and he's going to team with Rousey against HHH/Steph in what realistically is the mania main event.

Dude has definitely destroyed his body the last 20 years. Kinda sad to see.

Anybody think the Hall of Fame is a little lackluster this year? Mark Henry will be the last inductee announced tonight. They all deserve to make it, don't get me wrong. But Goldberg does absolutely nothing for me as a headliner. He was booked to win a ton of matches in a row -whoopee. Then threw a fit if he was ever asked to put anyone over. I am glad that Hillbilly Jim is finally being recognized.

Anybody think the Hall of Fame is a little lackluster this year? Mark Henry will be the last inductee announced tonight. They all deserve to make it, don't get me wrong. But Goldberg does absolutely nothing for me as a headliner. He was booked to win a ton of matches in a row -whoopee. Then threw a fit if he was ever asked to put anyone over. I am glad that Hillbilly Jim is finally being recognized.

If Goldberg hadn't been so over for his comeback last year, I'd agree

If Goldberg hadn't been so over for his comeback last year, I'd agree

that's a good point. I think I might be letting my personal opinion factor into it a little to much as I was never a fan.

that's a good point. I think I might be letting my personal opinion factor into it a little to much as I was never a fan.

I loved Goldberg back in the day, I was 14 in 1998, so he was the man to me.

It's amazing, if you watch random Goldberg squash matches on Nitro/Thunder in early 1998, he was so over it was insane. He'd get like, by far, the biggest pop on the show, for squashing the most random guys in the first hour of the show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom