Viral Meningitis Invades WWE | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Viral Meningitis Invades WWE

Status
Not open for further replies.
One more random wrestling note. I recall being in middle school when Stone Cold/The Rock divided the entire school like other pop culture rivalries such as Britney Spears/Christina Aguilera or BSB/N'Sync. You HAD to pick a side, there was no neutral. I chose The Rock solely because he played CFB. My other memory that sticks out from that time was when NWO (I think?) came out & the school actually wrote a note home to everyone's parents stating that the X "Su*ck It" gesture & saying would be a punishable offense. Kids were just doing it everywhere, classes, lunch, to teachers & faculty, it was totally out of hand lol I witnessed our 70 yr old woman hall monitor (sweetest lady ever, like everyone's 2nd grandmother) ask a kid if he had a pass & this 7th grader straight up hit her with it & walked away...she was speechless & froze...her face was priceless. Crazy times.
I got detention for that in 6th or 7th grade before bball practice. Im telling my friend in detention why I was theyre. He jumps up in his wind breaker pants and in hero mode splits the pants with his hands. Now he's got a few kids house wife.

One more random wrestling note. I recall being in middle school when Stone Cold/The Rock divided the entire school like other pop culture rivalries such as Britney Spears/Christina Aguilera or BSB/N'Sync. You HAD to pick a side, there was no neutral. I chose The Rock solely because he played CFB. My other memory that sticks out from that time was when NWO (I think?) came out & the school actually wrote a note home to everyone's parents stating that the X "Su*ck It" gesture & saying would be a punishable offense. Kids were just doing it everywhere, classes, lunch, to teachers & faculty, it was totally out of hand lol I witnessed our 70 yr old woman hall monitor (sweetest lady ever, like everyone's 2nd grandmother) ask a kid if he had a pass & this 7th grader straight up hit her with it & walked away...she was speechless & froze...her face was priceless. Crazy times.

That was Degeneration X

Looks like they are planning on a 7 hour Wrestlemania - 2 hour preshow and 5 hour show. That's way too long even for the biggest show of the year imho

Looks like they are planning on a 7 hour Wrestlemania - 2 hour preshow and 5 hour show. That's way too long even for the biggest show of the year imho

The last few that I watched felt insanely long, which made them largely unenjoyable. 3 hours should be the max. Trim the fat - and by that I don’t mean the matches. You can put on a 10-12 match card where all the matches get a decent amount of time, in 3 hours.

Also, the “dramatic” matches where both guys kick out of the others finisher 67 times don’t really do it for me.

Needless to say, I probably won’t watch even though I do currently have the network - I’ve been running through old WCW stuff that I missed.

I love Wrestlemania, 7 hours is too much. 5 is probably too much.

The last few that I watched felt insanely long, which made them largely unenjoyable. 3 hours should be the max. Trim the fat - and by that I don’t mean the matches. You can put on a 10-12 match card where all the matches get a decent amount of time, in 3 hours.

Also, the “dramatic” matches where both guys kick out of the others finisher 67 times don’t really do it for me.

Needless to say, I probably won’t watch even though I do currently have the network - I’ve been running through old WCW stuff that I missed.

I will disagree a little with that, even if you trimmed all of the fat, so to speak, you're going to have entrances and the like, some of the matches are going 20-25 min, you run up against a time crunch pretty quick.

I can handle a roughly 4 hour show. Give or take. But some of these shows are just so damn long that I'm burned out, at home, by the time you get to the main event.

What WCW stuff are you watching? I've been watching a lot of the monday night wars stuff from WCW/WWF and i even threw in ECW when they got the TNN show. I'm currently in January 2000. WCW is...not good.

I love Wrestlemania, 7 hours is too much. 5 is probably too much.

I will disagree a little with that, even if you trimmed all of the fat, so to speak, you're going to have entrances and the like, some of the matches are going 20-25 min, you run up against a time crunch pretty quick.

I can handle a roughly 4 hour show. Give or take. But some of these shows are just so damn long that I'm burned out, at home, by the time you get to the main event.

What WCW stuff are you watching? I've been watching a lot of the monday night wars stuff from WCW/WWF and i even threw in ECW when they got the TNN show. I'm currently in January 2000. WCW is...not good.

4 hours I can deal with. I think 3 is doable - or maybe 3 1/2. Don’t put Undertaker on the card and don’t give HHH one of his ridiculous Wrestlemania entrances and there’s 15 minutes saved just in entrances.

Honestly think a lot of those 20-25 minute matches could accomplish the same thing in 15 - much of the time. They tend to lose me once the false finishes keep going and going - which seems to be the current format for a “epic” match. All it does is take me out of the match.

I’ve been watching a lot of the 1997 WCW stuff, in order. I started in ‘96 when Hall and Nash started showing up. I used to watch WCW nitro back then, but not every week. So a lot of it I’ve seen and I knew the general angles and results back then. I didn’t watch any of the PPVs back then and a lot of the weekly shows I missed so I’m just going in order(though doing some fast forwarding). The good stuff was really good back then. The roster was insane, though often misused.

4 hours I can deal with. I think 3 is doable - or maybe 3 1/2. Don’t put Undertaker on the card and don’t give HHH one of his ridiculous Wrestlemania entrances and there’s 15 minutes saved just in entrances.

Honestly think a lot of those 20-25 minute matches could accomplish the same thing in 15 - much of the time. They tend to lose me once the false finishes keep going and going - which seems to be the current format for a “epic” match. All it does is take me out of the match.

I’ve been watching a lot of the 1997 WCW stuff, in order. I started in ‘96 when Hall and Nash started showing up. I used to watch WCW nitro back then, but not every week. So a lot of it I’ve seen and I knew the general angles and results back then. I didn’t watch any of the PPVs back then and a lot of the weekly shows I missed so I’m just going in order(though doing some fast forwarding). The good stuff was really good back then. The roster was insane, though often misused.

Yeah agree on the HHH/Taker entrances, but you're stuck with those. For Wrestlemania, the big show of the year, i can do 4 hours. But they try to run that every month, and sometimes, they just lost me.

96-97 WCW is real good! I didn't start watching wrestling at all until late 97, so going back and watching that stuff was a lot of run. I remember looking at this once, Hogan like, never defended his title after he first won it. He won it at the August PPV in 96.

Fall Brawl 96: War Games, no title match
WW3 96: Battle Royal, no title match
Starrcade: He faced Piper, they never said it was non-title till Piper won, but it was indeed non title
Souled out: Giant, an actual title match.
Superbrawl: Piper, also a title match. 2 months in a row!
Uncensored: 3 way 4 team match, no title
Spring Stampede: didn't wrestler
Slamboree: Didn't wrestle
Great American Bash: Didn't wrestle
Bash at the beach: Wrestled for the first time since March, but a tag match with Rodman vs Luger/Giant. This is 5 PPV in a row without a title match
Road Wild: Won the title back from Luger
Fall Brawl: Didn't wrestle
Halloween Havoc: Title match vs Piper
WW3: Didn't wrestle

That's 14 PPV where there was a WCW title match just 4 times.

The Monday Night wars were awesome. Especially the WWF then.
The Heel booking in WCW was so obnoxious. How many times can you bury Macho with spraypaint and not have any comeuppance ever? What is the point? And then he joins the NWO because why? I will say though Heel Elizabeth was mesmerizing to this teenager.

The Monday Night wars were awesome. Especially the WWF then.
The Heel booking in WCW was so obnoxious. How many times can you bury Macho with spraypaint and not have any comeuppance ever? What is the point? And then he joins the NWO because why? I will say though Heel Elizabeth was mesmerizing to this teenager.

Lol, those top WCW guys weren’t putting in ANY work in the ring back then. Sting spent the whole year in the rafters, and occasionally coming in and hitting people with his bat or with the scorpion death drop. And it was great!

Hogan never wrestled. Hall and Nash didn’t really wrestle much either. Flair was out hurt for awhile too, but was still on the show a lot.

As for Savage, the explanation was that Bischoff was blackballing him and not letting him compete, so he had to join if he wanted to wrestle. But other than Savage and Bischoff sometimes having tension, they didn’t really flesh that one out too much. It would’ve made a lot more sense if Savage spent time as a reluctant heel who would eventually turn back. But nope...he went full evil heel like it was nothing. Elizabeth too.

So I think i mentioned this before, I started watching wrestling in like October of 1997, right in the build up for the Hogan-Sting match. I was so damn pumped for it, but we didn't get ppv, so I couldn't watch the show. Then, the next night, they did a rematch on Nitro; when I realized I could see that match it may have been the happiest i ever was

Is anyone really surprised by the length of time for Wrestlemania? Raw is three hours every Monday and that’s not a marquee event. Don’t worry though if you miss anything. Half of the matches will probably be fought again on Raw and SmackDown the following two days. I feel like I’ve seen the Miz, Finn Balor and Seth Rollins fight each other every week for a year now.

Is anyone really surprised by the length of time for Wrestlemania? Raw is three hours every Monday and that’s not a marquee event. Don’t worry though if you miss anything. Half of the matches will probably be fought again on Raw and SmackDown the following two days. I feel like I’ve seen the Miz, Finn Balor and Seth Rollins fight each other every week for a year now.

That’s a good point. Raw is WAY too long too, and I almost never watch it. Watching it is like trying to listen to an 18 track, 85 minute album that only has like 5 good songs. Trim the fat!

Raw is super long, but they're getting paid so much money. Will be interesting if they somehow get a deal with fox for their tv rights, they may only be on from 8-10.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom