Women's Lacrosse - Virginia coach Julie Myers resigns / Sonia LaMonica hired | Syracusefan.com

Women's Lacrosse Virginia coach Julie Myers resigns / Sonia LaMonica hired

This is bittersweet. One hell of a player and coach. Coaches dream of having the accolades Julie Myers has racked up over the years, and only a handful of coaches in todays game do. But at the end of the day, I think it was her time. Interested to see who takes over UVA next.

Sonia was initially coached at UMd by Gary Gait, the brilliant assistant coach many thought largely responsible for their dominance circa 1995-2001.

Gary has a really impressive coaching tree these days.

So does this mean Sierra Cockerille will be making the move with her to coach at UVA? Not gonna lie, this wasn't the hire I expected considering her numbers aren't all that great at the two institutions she's coached at previously. But then again there's only so much you can do at Mt. Saint Mary's and Towson lol. Congrats to her though! Hope she continues to make the ACC top dog in WLAX.

I don’t know much about Sonia LaMonica but on paper it seems like an underwhelming hire for a top acc job. I would have expected more from Towson women based on the occasional success the men’s team has had in the last decade.

I don’t know much about Sonia LaMonica but on paper it seems like an underwhelming hire for a top acc job. I would have expected more from Towson women based on the occasional success the men’s team has had in the last decade.
To add to that... She rarely (if ever) was able to keep top talent in state. Despite being in the backyard of some of the best clubs and high schools in the country. She always seemed to preoccupied with running her events .

Last edited:
So does this mean Sierra Cockerille will be making the move with her to coach at UVA? Not gonna lie, this wasn't the hire I expected considering her numbers aren't all that great at the two institutions she's coached at previously. But then again there's only so much you can do at Mt. Saint Mary's and Towson lol. Congrats to her though! Hope she continues to make the ACC top dog in WLAX.
Sierra is at UMBC not Towson

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom