Virginia Game Preview (4/23/22, 4pm) | Syracusefan.com

Virginia Game Preview (4/23/22, 4pm)

It's that time again. Bald tires. Pieces of broken sheetrock. Chunks of plaster still stuck in the lath.

We need to win this game to keep our spot in the bracketology. Most are projecting us as the #7. LaSalla wouldn't have played last week if Braun, his backup, hadn't been injured and could play. Moore sat out last week. It is believed he was kept out because we didn't need him, rather than he hurt his hammie again. With Moore out, Dickson moved to attack. Zinn recently has been playing both ways more and I believe I heard he will play for us again next year (he's in a 2-year graduate program in business). We're still waiting for Garno to get his shots actually on the goal.

It's that time again. Bald tires. Pieces of broken sheetrock. Chunks of plaster still stuck in the lath.

We need to win this game to keep our spot in the bracketology. Most are projecting us as the #7. LaSalla wouldn't have played last week if Braun, his backup, hadn't been injured and could play. Moore sat out last week. It is believed he was kept out because we didn't need him, rather than he hurt his hammie again. With Moore out, Dickson moved to attack. Zinn recently has been playing both ways more and I believe I heard he will play for us again next year (he's in a 2-year graduate program in business). We're still waiting for Garno to get his shots actually on the goal.
all true, but I would rather be sitting where the Hoos are than where the Orange team is. Looking forward to a competitive game.

Wish there was more to say about this game. It has been many years where Syracuse played a game that had no bearing on the rest of their season, so this is a bummer. The only thing I am really wondering about, is if the coaches give one of the other goalies on the roster a shot these last two games? We've seen pretty much all there is to see from Gavin and Thompson in my mind. I hate to sound cruel, but they've got five goalies on the roster, only Rolley is redshirting. If you aren't going to play the other two in a game like this, what are the doing on the roster?

Dont get wasting a year of eligibility for Duffy by playing him a measly three minutes in Holy Cross game but still would only play him if he is practicing as well as others because players still want to win. Otherwise, start/play any of the three vets unless it becomes a blowout.

Dont get wasting a year of eligibility for Duffy by playing him a measly three minutes in Holy Cross game but still would only play him if he is practicing as well as others because players still want to win. Otherwise, start/play any of the three vets unless it becomes a blowout.

Duffy already redshirted in 2021.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom