Virginia Gameday... | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

Virginia Gameday...

Not sure if some of yous even pay attention to comments on inside lacrosse but if anyone wishes to help destroy or prove wrong comments from “mattmerica” on insidelacrosse in comments of uva/cuse game article would really appreciate it. Dude has non stop all year with excused n moving goal post back when we do exactly what he said we won’t. Know it’s childish in way but just want him to finally shut up.

Ok the Spallina discussion over at fanlax has officially jumped the shark. Some of those people are blatantly making stuff up.

Yeah I happen to be off work today so I have been over there more than usual and you and PF22 are doing your best but some of those dudes over there will not stop the lets keep crapping on Spallina convo going. It's so exhausting I don't even want to engage, especially with Big Turn that dude seems to live to bash Syracuse in general.

to explain little bit was we wouldn’t beat rank team besides hopkins then when beat duke was cause duke had off day n wouldn’t win another acc game n uva played down to our level n isn’t good. Just little summery

Yeah I happen to be off work today so I have been over there more than usual and you and PF22 are doing your best but some of those dudes over there will not stop the lets keep crapping on Spallina convo going. It's so exhausting I don't even want to engage, especially with Big Turn that dude seems to live to bash Syracuse in general.

That's guys delusional but so is the other dude saying Cuse fans are demanding people genuflect to Joey, the f is he talking about. So bizarre.

Also fee free to comment and push back on that guy maybe the one admin they have will actually so something

#votedwan

Reminder -- if you're on X [Twitter] and haven't yet voted --> Go Vote. Billy's early lead is down to 3 percentage points over the Princeton goalie who's big claim is he scored a goal. No match for Billy's though. 18 hours to go.

The actual chain of events over there tends to be someone going Spallina is the most overrated player of all time or Spallina sucks, a cuse fan responds saying that is not true, and then they hit you with the "look at all these people demanding I think Spallina is the best player of all time" type of post. How about just not acting like he is a bad lacrosse player?? Idiots who are fans of worse teams and looking to get a jab in.

This applies to mayyybe a couple posters here, but do people actually think Spallina would be having a better year if we gave him a different number as a freshman? Like he would be doing better in some of these elite matchups if he was wearing any other number besides 22? To me that is the dumbest take of them all. He was as hyped up as it gets as a recruit. Haters and doubters would be out in full force just the same. Just like they are with other #1 recruits like ONeill when he disappears in a game, despite him not wearing some famous number. It would just be worded differently, with Spallinas IL ranking/recruit hype brought up more than the number on his jersey. One would think this is obvious...and yet.

No point on feeding those idiots. They have hated on Joey since he was little. Young man can’t win. There is a reason he draws the number 1 pole every game. The coaches know he is the main threat.

Spoke to one of the starters today. He said they don’t care about stats, they just want to win.

MATTMERICA -- @Syracuse2622 - So I can follow your gibberish, exactly what has Cuse won so far this year? They have yet to win an ACC tourney game or an NCAA tourney game. Yes, congrats on winning at home, by a single goal, the fans must be elated and finally vindicated? I see a team that struggles on the road, and has 1-point wins (at home) against three decent teams. Here is an idea: take off the knee pads UNTIL they make championship weekend. Or don't, nobody cares.
Posted: 3 hours ago 0

default.jpg

MATTMERICA -- Not so fast PC175, some of us are traveling outside of fortress USA where there is no internet. I am sure you are all worked up over a meaningless game, but keep it in your pants. Sure, good game, but if you want your dose of reality, here it is:Cuse can't win on the road and UVA is honestly not a very consistent team. UVA typically plays down to the level of the opponent, and if you think the Cavaliers didn't look past the Orange to ND next weekend, you need to put the crack pipe down. Can the Orange win an ACC tourney game this year? Remains to be seen. Do they make the big tournament or get tossed like ND did last year? Who knows, but before you get the kneepads on, be sure to win a game that means something first.

(dealing with on inside lax comments)

first dude said wouldn’t beat top team beat hop then was wouldn’t beat acc team beat duke was ok duke played poor n see how do vs ND uva keeps pushing goalpost back also said wouldn’t win another game after duke win n would miss acc tounry

what I and someone else said. I wasn’t one who used his name or mention any name i just said haters.

PC175 -- Yeah, still no post from Matmerica. Guess he fell off the radar. No question Cuse and Hops are back in the mix!
Posted: 20 hours ago -1

590cc2d13ac4d.png

Syracuse2622 -- WOW! fantastic amazing game. Def look like days of old day lacrosse. Fast paced, lots of action, intense and battle down to last second. Great job both teams n for once agreed with carc when he said “does this game have to end” was so entertaining. Great way to honor paul gait on day retire his jersey and treat him to a great show. Now that being that, after win and cuse now having 3-top 5 wins (barely any other team can say that) Will the haters and ones said would finish last in acc be men and admit they were wrong and give credit when it is clearly do? Or be children and move goalpost back again with excuses? Is this team still overrated ? Don’t have to like certain teams but give credit when it surely is deserving.
Posted: yesterday 0

default.jpg

PC175 -- What a game! Poetic for one of the all time best players, Paul Gait. Even #19 Hottle scored his first goal of the season!
Posted: yesterday 0

No point on feeding those idiots. They have hated on Joey since he was little. Young man can’t win. There is a reason he draws the number 1 pole every game. The coaches know he is the main threat.

Spoke to one of the starters today. He said they don’t care about stats, they just want to win.

That's what gets me. Ask both Spallina and Shellenberger, would you rather have nine points, or the victory? Both would unequivocally say the win. Yet, on FanLax there is a seven page discussion about if someone his overrated or deserving of certain All American recognition. None of these player care - and if they do they probably aren't going to win much.

It's a shame, these message boards, including fanlax, can be such a great source of analysis and information (especially in a world where the lacrosse media is lacking), it bums me out when it turns into some people with clear motives trying to bring a player down. Should be used to it by now, but it still bugs me.

The actual chain of events over there tends to be someone going Spallina is the most overrated player of all time or Spallina sucks, a cuse fan responds saying that is not true, and then they hit you with the "look at all these people demanding I think Spallina is the best player of all time" type of post. How about just not acting like he is a bad lacrosse player?? Idiots who are fans of worse teams and looking to get a jab in.

This applies to mayyybe a couple posters here, but do people actually think Spallina would be having a better year if we gave him a different number as a freshman? Like he would be doing better in some of these elite matchups if he was wearing any other number besides 22? To me that is the dumbest take of them all. He was as hyped up as it gets as a recruit. Haters and doubters would be out in full force just the same. Just like they are with other #1 recruits like ONeill when he disappears in a game, despite him not wearing some famous number. It would just be worded differently, with Spallinas IL ranking/recruit hype brought up more than the number on his jersey. One would think this is obvious...and yet.

Number would make almost no difference in my opinion. I get what HopFan16 noted in his post that it draws more attention which is true but I think the 22 jersey is a totally valid recruiting tool.

Last edited:
MATTMERICA -- @Syracuse2622 - So I can follow your gibberish, exactly what has Cuse won so far this year? They have yet to win an ACC tourney game or an NCAA tourney game. Yes, congrats on winning at home, by a single goal, the fans must be elated and finally vindicated? I see a team that struggles on the road, and has 1-point wins (at home) against three decent teams. Here is an idea: take off the knee pads UNTIL they make championship weekend. Or don't, nobody cares.
Posted: 3 hours ago 0

default.jpg

MATTMERICA -- Not so fast PC175, some of us are traveling outside of fortress USA where there is no internet. I am sure you are all worked up over a meaningless game, but keep it in your pants. Sure, good game, but if you want your dose of reality, here it is:Cuse can't win on the road and UVA is honestly not a very consistent team. UVA typically plays down to the level of the opponent, and if you think the Cavaliers didn't look past the Orange to ND next weekend, you need to put the crack pipe down. Can the Orange win an ACC tourney game this year? Remains to be seen. Do they make the big tournament or get tossed like ND did last year? Who knows, but before you get the kneepads on, be sure to win a game that means something first.

(dealing with on inside lax comments)

Lmao is that real??? Can't be

clearly i’m syracuse2622 but all year that mattmerica fool has none stop hated n i couldn’t take it anymore this win i had to give it back

That's what gets me. Ask both Spallina and Shellenberger, would you rather have nine points, or the victory? Both would unequivocally say the win. Yet, on FanLax there is a seven page discussion about if someone his overrated or deserving of certain All American recognition. None of these player care - and if they do they probably aren't going to win much.

It's a shame, these message boards, including fanlax, can be such a great source of analysis and information (especially in a world where the lacrosse media is lacking), it bums me out when it turns into some people with clear motives trying to bring a player down. Should be used to it by now, but it still bugs me.
Many of them don’t even watch our games. They go to IL stats and make their assessment of the game. They just like to talk about certain guys. Wouldn’t shock me if its other college players that hate that he gets so much attention.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom