Virginia game thread | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Virginia game thread

I want to like UVA because of Bennett and their fans but their style needs to go. It's everything wrong with CBB.

They are one of the teams that have a license to foul because they have a rep for playing good D. An absolute plague on the sport.

I said it before the game, Perrantes is the guy who worries me. If he's hot, he will hit 6+ 3s and we simply can't contend with that if they won't call fouls when we drive on the other side.
I mean really -- they have 2 tranisiiton buckets and Gill has a few makes around the rim -- but the major damange is Perrantes.

We still have NO 3's...

Until we stop playing halfcourt zone and running an NBA pick n roll freelance offense we're always going to have trouble with these teams. Unfortunately it doesn't seem like UVA is replacing Bennett with a Stallings anytime soon.

Best thing we can do is start tripping over their moving screens. Probably the only way we will start to get some calls.

I said it before the game, Perrantes is the guy who worries me. If he's hot, he will hit 6+ 3s and we simply can't contend with that if they won't call fouls when we drive on the other side.
Hes the only one I am worried about. The rest cant really shoot

Howard has to come up on him. At least 3 of them were Howard defending

Cut this deficit to 6 or 7 at the half. If they are up 12-14, we won't have much of a chance against their d.

Howard has gotten his hands on like 5 passes, a couple steals at least. Gotta close out on shooters a little better though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom